Friday, October 5

new discovery

So I've just had my first twiglet . . . no not a piglet, a twiglet . . . who knows what they are? There's a surprise for the first person to answer correctly (without goggling it!!)

Well they're really good & I won't say anymore now cause I don't want to give it away.

So as I told you yesterday I'll be moving next weekend, so I reckon this weekend will be filled with fun things like packing, cleaning & more packing, oh right, that's not fun at all!! Maybe the fun part will be in watching the rugby quarter finals at the pub, ah yes, that sounds way more fun than packing.

I think I also mentioned yesterday that I was going to try out the opera last night - I did and much to my surprise I almost really enjoyed it . . . I'm still a much bigger fan of musicals, but I think I could learn to appreciate the opera. We went to see The Magic Flute at the English National Opera which is just off Trafalgar Square. Apparently operas in Covent Garden are done in their original language, but at the ENO they're all in English (with super-titles for those times when the ladies decide to hurt your ears with their ability to scream, I mean sing). I've been offered the chance to go to see Carmen next Friday & I think it would be a good idea if I went to broaden my opera horizons & cultural experiences. Heck, isn't that one of the reasons I always give for moving here, access to all these types of things, so may as well take advantage when I can! Only draw back is I will be moving the next day, but then again I can't get the keys till 10am so I could still have a mini lie in that morning.

Must get back to my real work now, ta-ra

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 05 October, 2007 15:47, Blogger Sara said...

click here to see what a twiglet is, but NO CHEATING!

 
At 05 October, 2007 17:29, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dom's flatmates used to eat those. Um... gross.

 
At 05 October, 2007 18:59, Blogger jen said...

i have no idea what a twiglet is.

can i ask a favor? please don't post the results of the rugby match. i've been watching as many of the WC games as we can get on cable here, but we get them later than you all. thanks for your consideration in this matter :)

 
At 05 October, 2007 21:37, Blogger Sara said...

Amanda could get the prize, but she's dating a Brit so it's sorta cheating, soooo if anyone else can give me the answer they'll win!

 
At 06 October, 2007 18:41, Blogger LindseyO said...

Ohhh, The Magic Flute is an AWESOME opera and a great way to expose yourself! I ADORE opera. I really do. :) The Magic Flute is a bit whimsical and thus easier to follow - even in its original language. I've never seen Carmen but I've played a variation on music from it and the music is wonderful!

(Do yourself a favor and SKIPWagner operas for a while - until, at least, you know you enjoy a variety of different types of opera. I love opera but really don't like Wagner's operas: they're a love-it-or-hate-it sort of thing. And also, they're LOOOOONNNNNNNGGGG. Like 4-hours long. Ugh.)

Twiglets: basically little twig-shape biscuits dipped in Marmite. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home