Thursday, June 7

a wee lie in & Miss VB

As I think I told you yesterday - Rob had his foot broken at work the 2 days ago, so he's off work for the next 4-6 weeks. Dad & I were suppose to meet up with the boys at some point but seeing as Rob is now a cripple, we decided bringing dinner into him would be our best bet. So last night after work I went to Marks & Spencer got 2 pizzas to pop into the oven, lettuce, cucumbers, tomatoes, salad dressing, fruit salad, and chocolate mousse thing-a-ma-jigs for puddings. Rob got to regale Dad about his holidays to Vietnam & Thailand along with showing off the guide book to his next trip this coming December to Peru & Ecuador. Dad was a good listener, since I'd already heard the stories at least 3x, so I just hid myself in the kitchen. Jim was on earlies, but as per usual working late, so he missed the main meal, but was just in time for pudding.

Dad & I took the bus home from J&R's last night. I got off at my stop and dad stayed on for another few stops to get to his hotel. When I got in the house was really quiet & only Antonio's car was outside, so I double locked the door, checked my email, set my alarm clock & went to bed. I woke up this morning at 07.53, which is NOT the time my alarm was set for (06.17), but after setting it I forgot to turn it on! So I jumped outta bed grabbed a quick shower & headed into work, I was only 35 minutes late (since I'm normally here 30-40 minutes early - I do that b/c you never know with public transport & I would hate to be late to a meeting!) So I got a wee lie in this morning, which was totally unexpected, but rather nice :)

Dad brought a document which I have to sign & have notarised, course in this country it's not as easy as the states, since: A Notary is a qualified lawyer – a member of the third and oldest branch of the legal profession in the United Kingdom. He is appointed by the Archbishop of Canterbury and is subject to regulation by the Court of Faculties. I will now have to book an appt with a notary, luckily it shouldn't cost anything, but they did say you might have to pay a minimal solicitor's (lawyer) fee :(
Does anyone see anything wrong about Victoria Beckham's outfit????
That's been the excitement on my end of the pond :)

2 Comments:

At 10 June, 2007 16:34, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I couldn't get the Beckham photo to do anything when I clicked on it. The only thing I see wrong in her outfit is that it looks like a bathing suit. Is it really supposed to be a "dress?" She has a cold expression. Is she Beckham's wife? hmmmm???!!!
Love, MOM

 
At 10 June, 2007 19:11, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, that's David's wife and yes that's a "dress" . . . WTF???

 

Post a Comment

<< Home