Monday, June 4

Things that make you really think

After spending most of my Saturday doing bugger all* I received an email from someone state side which had some not so good news. In order to protect the people involved, all you really need to know is that someone is in ICU after an accident & I think will be okay at the end of it, but I don't know any more details.

The part that makes me really think is how life can be so short. One of the persons related to the accident victim & I sort of lost touch around the time that I moved back to London in March. It's a long story, of which I'm not even really sure of the reasons, but now I some what feel guilty. What ever we went through & sort of "ended" our friendship, doesn't mean that I don't care for that person or their family. But at the same time I don't want to send a card & have them think I'm taking the piss, seeing as we haven't spoken since I moved here. I think this person would feel the same way, but then again based on what ended the friendship, I'm not really sure if they would send a card to me (well to be honest they wouldn't b/c they don't have my address). I sent an email the second I found out & hope they don't think that I'm crossing the line - if you know what I mean.

My debate, do I send a snail mail card or not?!?!?!?

Incidents like this just make me think a lot. This accident could have happened to someone in my family & what would I do then. I'm over 3,000 miles away & it would take me over a day to get there & once there I wouldn't be able to do much at all aside from sit beside them. Don't get me wrong if for example, my sis were in ICU, I would do everything in my power to get home asap & I would sit there & do whatever I could to help her - I did when she broke her thumb & James called to tell us she was having surgery.

* bugger all Saturday = waking up at 8 but not getting out of bed till half 9 - going down stairs to get some tea & finding Estee & Zarina sitting out having tea in the garden, so I joined them - we were there until about 4pm - taking a nap from 5-6 (in my bed) - chatting online with friends from 7-10pm - watching a movie before falling asleep.

N.B. Sunday was much more action packed ;) - showering, going to a market in Palmers Green, sitting in the garden while eating watermelon, cucumbers, tomatoes, with fresh toasted semolina bread, going to hear Estee's cousin's gig in Hornsey, buying meat at a kosher deli in Golders Green, having dinner, watching a movie, going to bed semi early b/c of work today.

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 04 June, 2007 14:14, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd send the card. It's for T after all, and he had nothing to do with any of what went down with the friendship, right??? Also, how can you look wrong for sending a card showing your concern and prayers?

-SM

 
At 04 June, 2007 15:58, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Send the card. It helps. When my Mom was sick, I got cards, and it was a like a lifeline. Your perspective changes so much in these times.

 
At 04 June, 2007 19:04, Blogger Unknown said...

I'd send a card. I don't know the particulars of the falling out, but I think that cards can be so helpful when you are going through something tough like this.

 
At 05 June, 2007 07:30, Blogger BRAINCHEESE said...

Life IS too short...feeling hurt are still just feelings, not people. When we all face our "maker", I imagine we will be asked "How much did you learn and how much did you love?" I bet sending that card will fall in BOTH of those categories...

Linda D. in Seattle

 
At 05 June, 2007 18:29, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Send the card Sara. In the end you were his friend at one time and you are genuinely worried about the situation. I know you don't want to hurt anyone but I don't think it could be taken that way.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home