Thursday, August 3

"Tarra"

Here are two of Anna's photos which I promised you yesterday:
photo from the side - you can see the building is just gutted :(
from the front of the building - if the photo
was bigger you could see the fire house is
just behind the floating dock!!

"Tarra"
This wonderful expression when said with an English accent can at times sound like, "ta-da" ya know like little kids do when they get done with a gymnastics move or like a magician says with. So for quite some time whenever (not just with me) Jim got off the phone I heard him say, "ta-da" and wondered what the heck that was all about, but I let it go, just thinking "well he's welsh and all . . ." (luckily he can't read this!!) Come to find out he's been saying "tarra" which is interchangeable with "toodle-pip", "cheerio", "bye-E", "see ya later" etc.

I know what you are going to say, do people really say those things?!?!?! The answer is YES, even straight men say these words, on a daily basis! Tarra being my favourite since it still makes me giggle inside thinking "ta-da" (lol)

well that's my funny Thursday morning story for ya'll.

Ellen, I grew up down in Westchester, but I uses to work at a boy scout camp in Brant Lake (
Curtis S. Read Scout Reservation on Palisades Road, just off route 8 on your way to Hague)

Okay off to uni now, Tarra . . .

2 Comments:

At 03 August, 2006 19:17, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Loved the post.

In Mongolian: Good-bye is bayartai (by-are-tie'). Just for varieties sake.

Love, Mom

 
At 03 August, 2006 19:29, Blogger Sara said...

good to know should Alex Trebeck ever call me, course he might be calling Maureen (Pete's wife) :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home