Thursday, May 29

Football American style sucks

so just a quick update for all the Americans out there who didn't even know that the US soccer team was over in London yesterday to play a friendly with the England football team & to no body's surprise USA didn't even score one goal - they luckily were only scored on twice. I went & supported them and of course was one of only 2 people in the whole pub who was supporting the good old USofA. I really feel if America would put even half the money & enthusiasm as they do for American football their soccer team could be top notch!! What is it about soccer that Americans just can't get into? The rest of the world plays rugby & soccer, yet America plays football, basketball & baseball which no other country in the world plays . . . what's up with that, is that so that we're never beaten as a nation?!?!?!

In other notes, I've just finished reading The Call of the Wild by Jack London and now I'm moving on to Vinegar Hill by A. Mannete Ansay.

That's all I've got for today, thanks for stopping by, feel free to leave a comment or two, I'm feeling as nobody is reading my blog anymore - well aside from Ms. CheeseWiz for some reason she likes stopping by and is always fantastic about leaving a comment for me ;-)

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At 30 May, 2008 02:05, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not a comment on the blog post...just a "my blog" response...I wish I know when our party was...F & T are officially "adjunct professors" as of June 1st!! I think I am leave about mid July...if everything goes the way I need it to go. I am sure there will be snags and pitfalls along the way. For now the only thing worse than my stress is the blackfly bite I have in my hairline middle top forehead...does HEADLIGHT mean anything to you??!!

 
At 30 May, 2008 09:12, Blogger BRAINCHEESE said...

OK, simmer down now, you faux BRIT!!!! LMAO

Linda D. in Seattle

 
At 30 May, 2008 10:18, Blogger Sara said...

Louise: well i'll be home on the 19th so at least i'll get to see you before you make the big move to WESTERN new york!!!

cheesewiz: hee hee ha ha ha

 

Post a Comment

<< Home