Wednesday, October 31

on the road again . . . just can't wait to get on the road again

I'm having that need for a holiday feeling again . . . luckily I only have to wait 2.5 weeks . . . my road to recovery is still slowly plodding along, I reckon by this time next week I'll be 100% better.

I've just finished making my poster for the World Melioidosis Conference in Khon Kaen, Thailand - well minus any "interesting" data I collect between now & when we leave on 19/10, but I'm rather excited about it!! Maybe I can shrink it in size & put it up here for all of you to see . . . I mean I know you're all dying to see it!!!!

This just really cracks me up - how do you reckon they discovered this fact!?!?!? I mean who publicly bans mile high club activity you ask, well apparently Singapore Airlines does!

I'm sure this study is correct, but I think that when kids hear "you have to be thin to not get cancer" then you run the risk of eating disorders at a young age, but that's just my two pence!

Let's see what other exciting things can I tell you about while I wait for my photo to upload (I think I've discovered a way to show an older version of my poster), oh bugger Blogger is having errors with photo uploads! Okay guess maybe I should just focus on my "real" work, maybe it's a sign . . . Happy Halloween everyone!

persistence pays off :)

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 01 November, 2007 14:02, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Any study that thinks bacon is forbidden is NOT going to fly with me. Nor Miss Barrett! ;) Also, um, both B and my little Gabe were breastfed for a year and over a year and they are/were big kids/babies. But maybe we are the exceptions or something! How about just being healthy and making wise choices and in moderation? I need a bigger poster to look at-guess I'll have to pack and go to Thailand.

Shannon

 
At 02 November, 2007 11:48, Blogger Sara said...

No worries Shann, I'll send you a "final" copy in case you don't make it to Thailand ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home