Thursday, October 25

sick sick sick sick sick

i'm sick & tired of being sick & having tons of work to do . . . can't mention more about our potential exciting findings, but Dr. Best said, "I think my wee is in a froth" . . . YES I know that's rather graphic & I'm not a fan of this comment, but it is not a statement that is made unless Dr Best is really excited, so we're all happy here in the lab (for the mo)

after riding on the tube to & from south kens i'm feeling worse, can't hear out of my left ear, and still my eyes are watering, my nose can't decide if it's stuffed up or runny, and my throat though not really sore yet has that feeling like the second i stop drinking hot drinks it will start to flare up.

don't worry i'm on my way home now, just had to wait for a phone call (which btw has not come - bugger bugger bugger!!!) i'm off to buy some apple cider vinegar, so i can have an "uncle jimmy special" (mug of hot water with 1TBS vinegar, 1TBS honey) it's the only cure I know of for situations like these . . . if you don't believe me, check out SusieJ's post on it.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 26 October, 2007 00:04, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear that you are still feeling under the weather! Hope that you are feeling better soon! Exciting results sound exciting =).... BTW, your dad's house is beautiful

 
At 26 October, 2007 00:34, Blogger jen said...

hope you feel better soon!

i'm surprised that when someone shows up sick at work they don't make you spit into a petri dish and do some experiments on it.

 
At 26 October, 2007 19:26, Blogger BRAINCHEESE said...

I like Jen's suggestion! But then again, I'm fascinated by bodily secretions, so...

Bedrest, chicken soup, bedrest, fluids, bedrest...NURSE'S ORDERS!

Linda D. in Seattle

 
At 28 October, 2007 03:51, Blogger Kristen said...

Awwww...stock up on vitamin C...and get plenty of rest! No fun being sick at work with lots to do...I hope you feel better soon!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home