Monday, October 22

a funny thing happened on the way to the forum

After having Rob come over to help tighten all the screws I couldn't manage due to 3 blisters on the palm of me hand from working Friday night, 2 hours on Saturday & then most of the afternoon on Sunday we went to have dinner at the Assembly House. Nim & Andy met us there & brought me a "house warming and welcome to the neighbourhood" present (lil cactus). Around 8pm we all left to go our own ways & I went home to attempt to put the wardrobe together (photos will eventually come I promise) and during that time I realised how nice the tool set Rob had borrowed from Jim was so I decided to send him a thank you txt message and the funniest thing happened . . . I was typing, "thanks for the screwdriver" but I only got to a certain point when I hit the wrong button and the message that got sent was, "thanks for the screw" and of course before I could stop it, he'd read it . . . to which he replied, "? wot ?" I was still ROFLMAO just knowing how he was gonna rip the piss outta me for that one and I replied with the explanation . . . to which he replied, "dumb yank"

now isn't that hysterical! thank goodness he was the one to get it & not someone like my boss at work - how embarrassing would that have been?!?!?!?

Labels:

7 Comments:

At 22 October, 2007 14:05, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I so needed that this morning! Hilarious! And I can imagine his face when he got it... too funny!

 
At 22 October, 2007 16:42, Blogger Sara said...

i'm just glad that becks wasn't there & wonder what the hell was going on . . . course she's such a sweetheart she probably would have just laughed at/with me

 
At 23 October, 2007 00:46, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is so funny!! Please give Jim and Rob my best. Great to talk with you last weekend--thanks so much for calling! Can't wait to see you in December or January.

 
At 23 October, 2007 00:57, Blogger SusieJ said...

Whew!! That was close!!

 
At 23 October, 2007 01:34, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i will skip commenting on this one!

 
At 23 October, 2007 06:15, Blogger BRAINCHEESE said...

This all started when I asked what size your new was going to be, didn't it?!? ROFLMAO

Linda D. in Seattle, WA, USA

 
At 23 October, 2007 17:32, Blogger Sara said...

Susan:
I did tell them both & they send their best to you & hope you can come visit soon!

SusieJ:
yes, yes it was :)

Dad:
I sorta thought you might

CheeseWiz:
Soooo true, it is all your fault - you should be ashamed of yourself ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home