Monday, May 28

Bank Holiday Weekend

I've had a great weekend even though the weather was decided to not work with me. My friends, Gen, Louise, Jeremy, Andrew, & I all met up at the Camden Tup around 3pm on Saturday, talked & watched the rugby till around 6pm when Rob showed up & we went to Islington (Angel) for a quick bite to eat & to see Pirates of the Caribbean 3. Then being the bums that we are we opted to go straight home. I actually had a good reason, it was my mum's birthday & I wanted to talk to her (she's 8 hours behind BST) so calling in the evening is best for us both.

Oh yeah, while at the pub, Jim called to offer me his free ticket to see rugby 7s on Sunday at Twickenham Stadium, so I took it. Yesterday morning in the lovely warm sunny weather (that was sarcasm!!!) we headed off to Twickenham. We should have turned around after we started because it just seemed to get worse & worse for awhile there. I tried to get on the bus that Rob was on, but I missed it. He got off on the high street, I caught the next one & told him, but then b/c there were two in a row the second one (which I was on) just drove by, so I called & had him run to the next stop where I got off & we both got onto the same one (this took about 40 minutes). Then we got to pick up Andy & Naomi (aka Nim) at their place & walked to Kentish Town West to get the Silverlink train, but come to find out after we'd bought the tickets there were no trains, so in the rain we continued to walk down to Camden Town to get the tube to Waterloo & get a train out to Twickenham that way. It worked, but along the way Nim lost her train ticket (which costs you £20 fine) and our jeans were nearly wet up to our knees since there were so many puddles you just couldn't avoid them!

We got to see Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Figi, Somoa, France, Canada, Italy, Kenya, England, Scotland, Portugal, Russia, and maybe a few others which I'm forgetting. To be honest it was so wet & windy by about 14.45 we were done! We'd gotten there at 10.30 & there was lots of good rugby to be seen later in the day, but everything from our knees down was soaked - that's the problem with 3rd row tickets there is no covering overhead. So to warm up we decided to head over to the Twickenham Tup, get warmed up, grab some food & turned out run into Jim & John (who we thought might come down but we had not heard from either yet).

Once we were slightly warmer & our tummy's were full we headed into Trocadero's (Picadilly Circus) for a bit of bowling. The next time you see Jim asking him about how I almost beat him in the last game.

All in all it was a great weekend . . . well minus how I sorta got locked out last night - I'd given my keys to Andrew & then my phone battery died & I didn't notice till we were starting to head home, so I called from Rob's phone to my home phone but got no answer, so I just crashed at Jim & Rob's. Luck for me they had a charger I could borrow so this morning I got in touch with Estee & asked her to relay a message for me, which come to find out she never relayed, but Andrew called & we sorted it all out.

Thus far today has not been nearly as active, but fun non the less, Jim & I each got a duvet, crawled into his bed and watched the movie World Trade Center, followed by a documentary on dinosaurs - I stayed awake for the movie, but was in & out during the 3 hours of dinosaurs history! All I have to say is if you ever want to make me cry easily show me that movie again - not trying to say you should want to make me cry!!

The rest of today is going to be rather boring - I have to read a paper for work tomorrow - luckily Andrew went off to find something fun to do since sitting around watching me read I'm sure is ruddy boring!!

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 28 May, 2007 21:36, Blogger jen said...

the dinosaur doc made you cry or the world trade center movie?

 
At 28 May, 2007 23:40, Blogger BRAINCHEESE said...

My GAWD! You do more in a weekend than I get done in a month!

**Bowing with arms extended in praise**

Linda D. in Seattle, WA, USA

 
At 29 May, 2007 07:04, Blogger Sara said...

World Trade Center made me cry, the dinosaur doc made me rather sleepy, well minus when the T-rex started to scream then I usually woke up for a lil while at least.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home