Thursday, April 5

Science is Fun

Doing an IFNg ELISA today, for those of you who don't know what that is, don't fret, if I tried to explain it you'd probably get lost, all you need to know is that I'm looking to see if my cells produced any interferon gamma (a cytokine which should have been produced) and if so, is there a difference between the groups which I treated differently when stimulating the cells.

Last night, I met Zirina (spelling I'm not sure of yet, but that's how you'd spell it based on how she pronounces it, in my mind anyway, but then again we all know my spelling skills are horrible!) She booked yesterday & today off from work to move in & get settled - she came with a heap load of stuff - I thought I had a lot of junk, but I'm 90% sure she's gonna take the cake if we actually compare our rooms. She works near London Bridge in the Southwark area of London, so she'll be busing to work on the 43 bus every day, while Julia & I take the 134 bus & Estee drives her car to the Brent Council offices.

Tonight we're having a vegetarian curry with rice. I think this is going to be ruddy good b/c Estee & I roasted butternut squash, aubergine (eggplant), onions & courgettes (zucchini) the other night with some EVOO & herbs and it was really delish!!! (can you hear Rachael Ray speaking here?)

Something that I find interesting about London (fantastic link "general" link) is how there is an many ways you can divide the city up, for example into"central" (where my work is), "inner" (where I use to live last year) and "outer" (where I live now) London OR you can divide it up by boroughs (I use to live in the borough of Camden & now I'm in Haringey)

Okay I have to write up my ELISA protocol since it is a bit different than the one I'm use to at Trudeau (ie they use a dunk & flick washing method)

Happy Good Friday, Easter Sunday, & Easter Monday!!!
I will probably not be back online until a week from today since the school is closed till then.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home