Wednesday, March 28

FINALLY back at work

so I'm back to my real work after spending two TOTALLY useless days at an animal licencing course.

I learned how to properly handle & restrain mice, rats, hamsters, guinea pigs & rabbits, that part only took 30 minutes while the rest of the 15 hours was spent being lectured at about legislation since 1911 - fun fun fun.

I'm really excited to move on Saturday, just need to iron out the details of hiring a car etc.

Got to work in the lab for the first time today :) My own personal experiment SO0701 (SO = initials, 07 for the year, 01 for first experiment of this year). Though it was kinda sad because I'm so use to writing SQ# on all my experiments it was a bit weird to write anything different, but I'm sure with time I will get better at it. Set up a restim of spleen cells with dead (irradiated) B. pseudomallei & heat killed listeria. Friday I will take the supernatant for IL-12 & 18 ELISAs next week.

Also got to meet Mr. Couper's flatmate today. She & I share our open desk plan together. Her name is Karen & she's a post doc in my lab. She's Canadian, from the Vancouver area and she really really HATES the NY Rangers since they stole the Stanley cup away a few years back - we agreed to never talk hockey, seeing as I'm a Rangers fan and all. Another funny thing she told me is that she calls Kevin, "Coups", not sure why I find this so funny, but I just do!

Okay I'm off to try to figure out a few more business details like my ID card, which they are still giving me a hassle about!!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home