Thursday, April 5

Quotes for the day & a bit of politics

Here are three quotes for the day, does anyone know where they came from? Check the comments for the answer . . .

  • If its the thought that counts, why are there fingers?

  • If there ever comes a day when we can't be together, keep me in your heart. I'll stay there forever

  • If you live to a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day, so I never have to live without you.

This article on the 1st quarter fundraising is just getting ridiculous if you ask me, course you haven't but I'm telling you any way, here's a summary of the big numbers:

Hillary Clinton - $26m
Barack Obama - $25m
Mitt Romney - $23m
Rudy Giuliani - $15m
John Edwards - $14m
John McCain - $12.5m
(Grand total of about $115 million dollars or £28 million)
Figures reported by campaigns for the 2008 front runners

What am I on about, you ask??? Well in my mind when there are people starving, without homes, or in need of medical care & I see all that money going into political fundraising (aka plane tickets, fancy meals & drinks ) it just gets me so pissed off !!! I'm not saying they shouldn't spend money on these things, it just seems that those amounts are a bit over the top. I'm thankful that I'm not stuck watching the horrible telly adverts where they all insult the other, never bothering to say anything good about themselves. I just think our country has it's priorities backwards at times. Okay, I'll stop ranting now . . . what do you think? Am I crazy, do you agree with these amounts of money?

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 05 April, 2007 11:50, Blogger Sara said...

Winnie the Pooh

 
At 05 April, 2007 17:58, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't even get me started on that $$$ issue! You know that I love to get up on that soapbox. It'll be lovely if they could make really stringent low minimums on campaign financing--but they aren't even close on that one.

Just received and signed for your i-pod. I'll send it directly today. Love, Mommio

 
At 06 April, 2007 16:36, Blogger Shannon Miller said...

Ooooh! An iPod! My favorite product! Do tell!
I don't think I'd survive without mine. How else would I watch the Lost episodes I miss (and often during B's dance class!)?

 
At 11 April, 2007 15:35, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's just amazing how much money is wasted on politics and "member items" (AKA "pork"). We can't do anything about it except try to use it to our advantage. Are things any better in London??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home