Wednesday, November 2

ICBN

I Can't Believe it's November!!! Next week is "reading week" meaning we're half way through our first trimester - I have to laugh whenever I say that word, makes me think of pregnancy - LOL!!

Well today was only a half day for all of us taking Immunology. We had a lecturer from Uni. of Cambridge come down to tell us about Autoimmunity. It was interesting but she was very long winded, we nearly missed out lunch break and she talked right through our 30 minute coffee break - making us unhappy campers :(

Let's see what else have to done since I last wrote . . . ah yes, yesterday we did a cytokine (IFNg) ELISA - nothing Paula hadn't already taught me at TI, but I went through the motions none the less.

Tomorrow we have journal club - the article is:
Filaria-Induced Immune Evasion: Suppression by the Infective Stage of Brugia malayi at the Easliest Host-Parasite Interface, by Roshanak Tolouei Semnani (The Journal of Immunology).
I haven't finished reading it yet, but so far so good - I know I've read worse - LOL!
If you've already read it feel free to send your thoughts and comments my way ;)

I'm very excited for this weekend - Friday night there's a HUGE pub crawl followed by Bonfire Day on Saturday!! That will be a good couple of crazy days before I have to settle into intense study mode!!

Gotta run - off to meet Julie for dinner.

3 Comments:

At 02 November, 2005 19:42, Anonymous Anonymous said...

so I can expect an A+ on this lab...

 
At 04 November, 2005 06:11, Anonymous Anonymous said...

...all Greek to me but I read it anyway.

Love, MOM

 
At 07 November, 2005 17:07, Blogger Sara said...

A++++ for you Paula!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home