Sunday, October 16

Dungeon Trip

Dungeon trip was great!!! It was expensive, 15#s but luckily the boys (Jim and Rob, Mark had to work) picked up that cost for me since they get in for free along with free travel and huge amounts of discounts everywhere else!! We did have to stand in the queue for about 1 hour, but luckily we (or should I say they) had lots to talk about - mainly about how I mispronounce words such as, coffee, water, Arkansas. They taught me some expressions that I was suppose to remember, but now of course I've forgotten them :(

The tour was about 2 hours long - pretty cool it's very dark so no photos allowed!! In our tour group was a birthday party of about 4 girls - they were the best for screaming and made all the adults laugh the whole time. You start out in a maze of mirrors, get on a boat in the pitch black - that spins you around and goes backwards, you get sprayed with water off and on when you least expect it, things jump out at you, characters sneak up behind you, and you walk through a totally dark room with only 1 strobe light every so many seconds - very creepy!! It is so dark and very damp - glad I never had to experience it in "real" life!!


When we finally did get out it was 5pm and they were hungry so we went to Assembly House for dinner and played Jenga. I'm good at that game, no matter what they tell you - hitting the table so it knocks the tower over on my turn is called cheating in the US I told them!! Rob replied in his Irish accent, "call your bloody president and try cryin' to him, no sympathy here, just admit you lost!"

Now I'm off to a Lions Club meeting up in North Hertford about 45 minutes north from Kings Cross Station, which I learned yesterday is the 214 bus. Well gotta run, want to make sure I leave enough time so I don't miss the bus or the train!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home