Tuesday, October 18

Catch up post

I'm sorry for not posting yesterday but I had a LONG day and every time I sat down to do it something came up.

Lets see, what did I do . . . walked to school with my newest neighbor and classmate, Louise (from Scotland). Sat in lectures all day long, walked home with Louise and stopped at Sainsbury in Camden Town to pick up some dinner food. Louise wanted to cook peppered steak, boiled potatoes, and salad - which she did, it was brilliant, only hitch was we set off all my smoke detectors and had to open all my windows and have the fan on. Making my dining room a little chilly - LOL. After Louise left I was able to catch up with my mom, it's hard to chat with 8 hour time difference and the fact that she might be a convicted felon soon (jk)! Then off to bed.

Today got up and walked to school with Louise, sat through 2 lectures, went to lab (again almost teaching it - I actually had to show a PhD student about how to dilute our cells to the needed concentration to plate out - those of you who know me well know math is NOT my forte, luckily I remembered Paula's dilution notes in my head!!) At the end of lab Amanda, Susan, and I got out a little early, checked our emails and headed to College Arms for a drink before we all walked home. On my way home I picked up chicken to make chicken parm tonight for Louise since she cooked last night and we have left over salad and potatoes.

Not much else to tell you, aside from that my cousin Tim from NYC is arriving tomorrow at midnight and staying till Sunday. Off to do some laundry :)

3 Comments:

At 18 October, 2005 21:47, Blogger PCS said...

Make sure you visit 'The Lamb', a pub on Mecklinburg Square (Corums Field). It's only 3 or so blocks from the school.

 
At 18 October, 2005 21:49, Blogger PCS said...

http://www.viewlondon.co.uk/info_pubbar_2203.html

94 Conduit Street

you don't like pubs with character then don't bother going to Lamb. This is a fantastic gem of a pub which has a lot of character and charm. It's far enough away from the beaten track for it to be inhabited mainly by locals and some adventurous students. If you're looking for a slightly old-fashioned evening, where real ale and conversation are high on your list of priorities, then Lamb is one of the very best places to do that.
If you're looking for a lively evening out, then look somewhere else.

 
At 21 October, 2005 20:54, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No posts. That's just wrong.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home