Monday, October 31

Start of Week 5

Sunday I stayed at school until around 18.30 studying with Susan. We took short breaks b/w going over the lectures so that's why it took so long. Plus neither of us had anything pressing to do that evening. Luckily we'd both turned out clocks back on Saturday so we were both on time, unlike others who were meeting for their study groups - lol!

After we finished studying chemokine receptors and inhibitors I decided to come home and have some dinner - stir fry, yum! I had made plans to watch the Patriots and Bills game with a friend who has a TV. Only problem was the game didn't start until 01.30 GMT, so I took a nap from 22.20 until the game started and that way I had energy for the game and didn't miss out on any sleep for classes today! Luckily for me, since I'd been giving everyone a hard time about the Pats kicking the Bills butt, the Pats pulled it off and won :) So around 03.30 I went to bed until 09.00 this morning when I got up and got ready for school.

Our first class today was, "problem solving" with John Raynes. We were given all the figures & graphs from a paper and we were suppose to try to figure out what the paper was about and if these figs & graphs proved the point. This might sound easy but it's not as simple as you'd think, especially since 99.9% of the time you have the journal article with the full details of the paper to help explain what was going on and why they did this, that, or the other.

This afternoon's lab was on chemotaxis - first lab I'd never done before, but it didn't work out, first time they've tried it and apparently we had a 100% failure rate - LOL!!!

This coming weekend, Rob is making us all his "Sunday Roast". You remember how good the Thai green chili was, so I'm really looking forward to this meal!! Just have to make it through this week :) Course this weekend is a big deal over here in England . . . does anyone know what the holiday is??? It's Guy Fawkes Day and I'm going to go see the fireworks at night. Friday night I think Louise and I (and who knows who else) are going to some pub that's not close to here but one that we've heard is really cool - keep ya posted on that one as well.

Next week we have the whole week off for reading week so we can catch up on studying etc - it means we're half way through the semester - wow time flies when you're having fun!!!! Some of the kids from my program and thinking of going on a 2 touristy trip - I think it would be awesome, I just have to wait and see when it is and how much it will cost then I'll decide if I'm in or not!!

Okay, gotta start on dinner.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home