Friday, November 4

Arsenal

So I'm in a rush but I want to give you a quick update.

I'll start with today and back track since I can't remember what I last told you. Today I had to day off so I went to see the Arsenal Football Stadium in Highbury (near Islington). Got to see the current stadium and the new one that should be finished this coming March. I'm hoping to get tickets to a game in the next few weeks - should be a hoot!! These fans are very much diehards!! The tube stop has a gated section in it that looks like what you would see in a jail or something and it's for the "normal" people who live there and want to use the tube since on game days the station is SO packed with nutters if you're local you don't want to have to deal with the others!!

Yesterday was classes as usual. Did learn a new word, which I don't think I've posted yet:
nicked - meaning stolen, can also mean getting arrested
the nick - police station
nutters - crazy people

Wednesday night I had dinner with Julie. Julie has sort of an adopted family in the US who know my dad - so that's the connection. She works for the Nautical Institute here in London. She is really cool and has been living here for the past 4 years, she was raised in England but further north, where they have even funnier accents than Londoners :) Her flatmate, Emie is from Japan and already has a PhD in Architecture but is going for another PhD in sociology - not sure what you do with those degrees maybe see how buildings affect people's lives?!?!? Well Emie made sushi for us - it was really good! I didn't stay long as it was pouring rain and the northern line was under severe delays and I didn't want to have to wait for a bus in that weather. Julie lives south of London near Tower Bridge in a HUGE 2 bedroom flat.

1 Comments:

At 08 November, 2005 17:53, Blogger Sara said...

almost forgot on Thursday night we went out for Brazilian BBQ in Islington - good food but expensive!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home