Thursday, April 23

VIRGIN Media sucks!

Sorry I've not been posting more often, but as you read in my last post my internet at home is rather buggered. Yesterday was the day on which the Virgin man was suppose to come & "fix" it . . . to make a rather long story slightly shorter here is the run down:
  1. I waited around from 16.00 until 18.53 when the door bell rang (my time slot was 16.00-19.00)
  2. Virgin man looked at the cable box & announced, "it's broken" . . . now wasn't that the reason I called in the first place?
  3. Virgin man looked at wire outside of flat & announced, "you need new wiring, I'll call you later to tell you when they can come & install it"
  4. Virgin man leaves at 19.03 (yes, correct all this took less than 10 minutes!)
  5. I waited 20 minutes & received a call saying, "the next time they're in your area is 9 May between 08.00 and 12.00, does that work for you?" Caught totally off guard I said, "yes, thanks"
Now I understand we're rather far into the month of April, but waiting till 9 May just sounds RIDICULOUS!!! The Virgin man also said if I'd like to make a complaint I can call for free from my Virgin phone line . . . HELLO, what part of the "it's not working" do you not understand?!?!?!?

The biggest problem in my mind is that I'm semi stuck with using Virgin, cause Sky doesn't work in my area & BT will make me sign a year contract and I'm only going to be here for another 8 months (the early cancellation fee is something crazy like £100, which I'm not willing to pay!) So needless to say at this point I was very very pissed off yesterday evening.

I'm hoping today will be better, but so far the start has been rather slow & rocky - bus took 15 minutes to arrive (they're suppose to come every 5-8 minutes) and then it terminated 2 stops later, so got on next bus which stopped 4 stops later, got on the third bus which terminated 3 stops away from my work so I got off & decided to walk the rest of the way, not worth the hassle of a fourth bus. I'm hoping a nice cup of tea will turn things around, but not holding my breath.

So I again apologies for the lack of Easter photos or more regular posting, but that's just life for me at the moment. Next time I'll be able to post photos from home, I will have LOTS of photos to share from my trip to Germany at Easter, our day trip to Luxembourg, and my weekend visit to Sofia, Bulgaria in a weeks time!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 27 April, 2009 18:30, Anonymous DAD said...

hope the tea worked! the catch 22s of life go on for all of us...sorry you are caught up in one affecting your phone and intenet. very frustrating! love,

 
At 29 April, 2009 16:55, Blogger Sara said...

time will only tell how it all works out

 

Post a Comment

<< Home