Thursday, June 28

Kool Kontest

I know I know both spelled with a "c" but I'm bored at work so I needed a little pizazz in my day, sad I know that's the best I could come up with, BUT in other exciting things going on, I found the "kool kontest" at This Eclectic Life's blog,
blogblowsmydress_sidebar.jpg
Click on the image link to check it out & enter if you have time and aren't afraid of a little challenge . . .

As some of you know I have a bit of a crazy flatmate. She's already an American size 2, which is a UK size 4/6 but she thinks she's fat, in particular she feels she has a big arse, so yesterday I went running with said flatmate, as part of her new "how to loose weight" program, which of course entails her (not me) not eating anything that could possibly make you gain weight - so she's basically eating lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, peaches and drinking lemon water. If she does eat meat she just chews it to "get the nutrients out" & then spits it back out so as "not to gain any weight from it" (those are direct quotes from her - don't get me started!)

Luckily for my sake (since I can't recall the last time I went running) since she doesn't eat much she has no stamina for running, but the down side to that was we ended up walking around "town" and got caught in a rain storm, which motivated me to run home (alone) - too bad I forgot she had the keys in her pocket, so I had to wait in the pouring rain for her to slowly walk back home! Gawd forbid another flatmate hear the doorbell & answer it, come to find out they were all home. It wasn't so bad, just next time I'm holding on to the keys for sure :)

Have I told you what's happening 1 month from today? I'm going to be "home" in New York with Jim, yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm getting really excited about it (if you couldn't tell from all those explanation marks. But before I head to the states, a week from tomorrow my dear friend Betty's brother arrives in London for a few days & we're going to see Spamalot that night and on Tuesday we're going to see Mamma Mia.

Okay I'm outta news for the day as my boss & all my co-workers are at a meeting in Porton Down at the DSTL and the only reason I'm in the office is to help out the MSc summer student who is 90% capable on his own, but better safe than sorry. So far I've just reassured him (and another student) that they're on the right track - at least I feel semi-needed (lol).

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 29 June, 2007 15:00, Anonymous Anonymous said...

funny how those who are so petite are always concerned about losing weight. Oh, la. Good for you though for the running.

Love, Ma

 

Post a Comment

<< Home