Thursday, June 21

I found the ADKs in London!!

For those of you who know Gareth (guy on my MSc course last year, who didn't pass the final exam & had to re-sit it this year), well in speaking with him earlier I found out his pen ran out during the second exam day - how typical is that?!?!?! He says he wrote a lot, but he's not sure how he did . . . but I'm not sure you ever really know how you did, until those oh so lovely grades come out! I hope he did okay, but I'm not sure how much revising he did over this past year - I mean (and this is purely my opinion!) he said he did a lot, but he said that last year as well & he's still pulling the "my sister died during the first term" card for sympathy & he's had a whole freakin year to deal with that & study!!!

On a happier less soap-boxy note, Estee & I went for an awesome 1.5 hour walk yesterday - we walked up to Muswell Hill Broadway & then over to Highgate Woods & wondered around in there - it was awesome!! There are tons of dirt paths, nice & cool thanks to all the trees & occasional benches to sit on - just lovely!! It reminded me of being in dad's back yard, well minus the benches, and actually with all the paths it was more like being at camp off season where there are lots of paths but no tents or kids running around like crazy, just all the trees and dirt.

So the other exciting news my supplies finally arrived yesterday afternoon so tomorrow I've got a BIG day, well not really, but my first lab day in 2 weeks so it's big news for me! AND yesterday when I went to the lunch time seminar Alero (my summer project advisor) was there & she's bought a place in Highgate, so now we're neighbours. Not that I'll ever really see her since I reckon she's out & about during the day being that she's retired and all now.

Well that's all my news from the UK for Thursday. If you're bored and would like another "interesting" story from Liverpool, click here. My real concern is this part of the article, "She pulled off his left testicle and tried to swallow it, before spitting it out. A friend handed it back to Mr Jones saying: "That's yours."" Now that will make you think twice before having a long term "open relationship" with her!!

3 Comments:

At 21 June, 2007 20:19, Blogger BRAINCHEESE said...

I cannot tell if I should be "happy" for you that there's a return to the lab, or "unhappy" for you to return to the lab?!? Is the word "happy" even appropriate when addressing a scientist? LOL

Linda D. in Seattle, WA, USA

 
At 21 June, 2007 20:25, Blogger Sara said...

Yeah I would say I'm happy to be back in the lab, but maybe you have to be a geek like me to understand happiness in a lab - you should have been in my office when the supplies arrived - we all cheered & the delivery guy got a bit nervous, handed the box over & ran towards the lift (elevator)

A fellow blogger & friend Shann is also a scientist and I'd reckon she is "happy" when in the lab, right BsMommy?

 
At 22 June, 2007 15:46, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, especially when it means I'm not sitting in front of the computer crunching numbers or planning the experiment. I'd rather do an experiment or edit/write. But I'm always happy! :)
Shann

 

Post a Comment

<< Home