Friday, March 23

TB ANYWHERE IS TB EVERYWHERE

The title of this post is the theme for 2007 World TB Day, March 24th. So, what are you doing for World TB Day? My friend Analise is going to this, which I think is a fantastic idea, course I don't think many of you can join her since it's in Hotlanta as she calls it (aka Atlanta, GA). I see that there are currently 599 walkers, which in my mind is really good, not sure how many they were expecting, but that sounds like a good amount to me for a first annual event!

Here is a bit of info on TB in case you're not familiar with it, which you all should be, but I am amazed almost weekly with the expression of peoples faces when you mention TB & they respond with, "that's still around, I thought it was cured" or "oh I can't get it, I got a jab when I was little" Would any of you admit to thinking it was "cured" or that you "couldn't get it"?????

To mark World TB Day we at LSHTM we are having a series of lectures
from 12PM in the BENNETT ROOM (LG80)
*ALL WELCOME* * REFRESHMENTS PROVIDED*
12pm Jackie Cliff -Development of Biomarkers of Response to Tuberculosis Treatment
12.30pm Katherine Fielding- TBC
1pm Ulrich Schaible - Tuberculosis, Immunity and Virulence
1:30pm Terry Joe from UCLH - Active case finding for TB among marginalised communities in London.
Chaired by Prof. Peter Godfrey-Faussett and Prof. Ulrich Schaible

Aside from that it's just a typical Friday here in London, still COLD, but luckily no more snow/rain/sleet/hail - I tell you those are not fun when the temp is 1C (33.8F) out!!!!

I must apologise in advance that I will be taking my animal licencing course at the Royal Veterinary College (in Camden) from 9-5 so I won't be able to post any blogs those days - I know you are heart broken
(hee hee) I am hoping by the end of today to be able to tell you about my living situation. I went to see yet another flat last night.

Flat Seven:
Located in MH but a few bus stops past flat six. The house is a 7 minute walk off the main street, located in a quiet neighbourhood. There are 5 bedrooms (all with brand new mattresses), 3 bathrooms (all with new showers), HUGE kitchen (all new appliances), garden with exotic plants, BBQ pit, outdoor furniture, only down sides are no living room and I would not get to meet my flatmates (2 rooms are taken but nobody has moved in yet), but on the plus side the landlady is
super sweet and lives just across the way.

I'm hoping this place will be my fall back living situation, should flat 6 not work out,
again fingers crossed!!!!!! Okay I should try to read something scientific today and get my ID card sorted, along with my bank details to payroll so I can get some money - yeah baby yeah - first time in nearly 2 years - I'm loving that change for sure!!!

Hope you all have a fantastic weekend & remember World TB Day tomorrow, I'm amazed that Hallmark hasn't made a card for this holiday yet . . . maybe I could make a few million designing cards for them, now that's a brilliant idea :)

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 24 March, 2007 01:23, Blogger carmilevy said...

Thank you for the tweak about World TB Day. I'll see if anything's going on in the "other" London - the little one.

It's amazing how little attention this disease seems to get in the so-called developed world - yet it is an absolute killer in less-developed nations.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home