Wednesday, March 14

Beef stir-fry

The stir-fry I made for dinner last night turned out okay. I left work at 5pm, got on the Picadilly line heading east & was back in Arnos Grove by 5.40pm, while walking home I found a few shops where I could buy food based on what I thought we needed. Apparently I missed a few key items as we didn't have any garlic or onions at home like I'd thought so that sort of sucked but what can you do . . . stir-fry with without & deal with it, that's what I did :) Dinner was ready around 7.15pm & I was still all alone (which I rather enjoyed) so I popped the telly on & sat down to eat, when the door opened & in came Jim who was starving. We eat & attempted to watch That 70's Show. I say attempted because he spent most of the time complaining about work, he did however ask how my day was when he was done.

After dinner I did the washing up & finished my laundry before we both decided we were knackered & were going to bed. Rob did not get home till 11pm & proceeded to walk into the living room, turn the telly on & start to chat to me, I pretended to fall sleep so he would leave me alone, it worked :)

Yesterday I finally got my act together & called my old landlord who had neglected to ever send back my deposit, of course he did not answer, so I left a message. This mornine while on the tube he left me a voicemail with a good time to call him, so I will do so this afternoon. Will be nice to have £1400 to deposit into my account!!

Today at 12, we have our weekly seminar session, which should be interesting. Have I told you I get to go to Thailand for free, yeah I know I have I'm just so excited about it - hopefully I'll have enough data by then for a poster as well . . . how cool would that be?!?!?!?

I just found out that Daylight Saving Time is kinda weird this year, so right now I'm only 4 hours ahead of you'll in EST!!!

Off to read, "A critical role for neutrolphils in resistance to experimental infection with Burkholderia pseudomallei" by Anna Easton (awesome girl I work with, who just got her PhD about 2 weeks ago), Ashraful Haque, Karen Chu (post doc who I will be working with when she gets back from holiday), Roman Lukaszewski (from Defence, Science & Technology Lab in Porton Down) and Greg Bancroft (my boss).

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 14 March, 2007 11:45, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad stirfry was good even without garlic and onions! Good luck getting your moolahhh back :) and have fun at your seminar.

 
At 14 March, 2007 17:19, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I see Karen was at UBC (British Columbia). I'm reading a book about David Suzuki,http://www.davidsuzuki.org/ He's a famous Japanese/Canadian scientist. I like him as he's not concerned with being politically correct!

Love, Mom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home