Friday, February 23

our dinner

What is that saying about the best laid plans . . . well yeah I should have expected I was too organized & ahead of schedule. Matt texted me around 2pm to say he'd had a bad day at work & really wanted pizza. Since I was in the store shopping, I returned what I'd gotten that far & went to buy stuff for pizza. After filling the cart another txt came through, "how about eastside" meaning he wanted to order a pizza, LOL, so I returned all that stuff & left with only a few things I wanted. When I got to his place I learned that Jay had had to go to an HSBC bank (only 4 in the state so he had to drive like 45 minutes) to get his tax return check cashed so he & Vanessa would not be joining us. Around 4.30pm Matt ordered a cheese pizza, at 4.50pm I left to hit up the post office, East Center street market to pick up ice cream & cigarettes (no, don't worry not for me!!), and then to pick up the pizza at East Side's.

The pizza in CT is typically cut in squares even though it's a round pizza, which to be honest, I'm not a fan of, but when Matt ordered he asked for "pie cut" so that was good. I had gotten Hidden Vally Ranch dressing (an essential item for most meals) so we had our pizza on his new really nice dishes (which he got free from John's dad's condo in Avon). Jay stopped over when he was back from the bank & chatted for a bit, they had decided to make vegetarian lasagna, which sounded really good but I was stuffed from the pizza & knew that apple crumble with vanilla ice cream was on it's way.

I must admit I was rather tired when I got to Matt's so I'm sorta glad I didn't have to cook & semi entertain J&V. As I've said before I guess all things happen for a reason, this is just yet another example of that. Thanks Zee for the links, I'll def have to try those when I get a chance to cook next, they look really yummy!!!

Now I'm back home waiting for 9pm to roll around so I can watch Grey's Anatomy.

Oh, I know something else that I haven't really posted about yet, my flight back to Londontown. As you may recall I had a rather long trip out to Portland at Christmas, but for compensation they gave me free vouchers for future flights. In order to use them you have to call up USAirways directly, book the ticket & then bring your voucher in person to a USAirways representative, aka the airport. So I have a flight out of Bradley International Airport on Saturday 3 March at 5.10pm arriving at London's Gatwick airport around 8.30am Sunday 4 March. That's correct I will miss my graduation ceremony, but I will be able to spend a bit more time with friends here in the states who I haven't really seen while I've been home.

Alrightyroo, I'm going to make a phone call or two & get set up to watch Grey's . . . tarra & toodle pip (that's just for you Susan)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home