Monday, February 19

Connecticut

Warning, this was written more stream of consciousness, hope it all makes sense & doesn't jump around too too much. I PROMISE to have photos from the party later this week!!

So Saturday Heather & I finally left around 1.20pm after a little rock & rolling we made it over the snowy ice bank & onto 15th street, up to Florida, over to New York & out onto the Baltimore-Washington Pkwy.

About 2 hours later we were in Philly at her friend Davis' restaurant. He recommended a few places to eat in Wayne, PA, we ended up at The FreeHouse, a British wanna be pub with fantastic food, should any of you ever end up lost in Wayne, check it out!! After our fish & chips I dropped H back with Davis & off I went to NY, or so I thought. Turned out the directions I'd been given where not exactly correct & after driving in a few circles I finally found my way to I-95 north. I arrived at Kris & PJs around 7.15pm, about 1.5 hours later than I had expected, but safely non the less!!

I slept in till 11.15am, of course we didn't get to bed till 2.30am last night b/c Kim, Bill & Corinne where all over at Kris & PJ's house when I arrived. Yes that might seem rather late but after getting uber lost on I-676N, I-76E, I-295N and I-95 south & north - no I won't go into the details b/c I'm still bitter about the lack of good directions I received from my friends.

I arrived back in CT safely around 4.45pm today with Ted, Lela, & Matt arriving around 6.15pm. It was weird at first as none of us knew what to say, but after T&L got ready to head back to Vermont to see their puppy & 3 feet of fresh snow which nobody had plowed for them, we all hugged & things were cool.

Matt & I watched the end of the Daytona 500 race where Harvick passed Martin to win the race by hundredths of a second. I'm not a Nascar fan per say but after semi dating a guy in Rouses Point, NY who was really into Nascar & now living here in Connecticut with HUGE sports fans I've had to learn about this "sport" which in my opinion is still not really a sport. Sorta like horse racing, where the talent is more in the animal/machine than in the jockey/driver, but to each their own.

In fantastic news, my work permit arrived here at the house, but without directions as to the next step, so I have emailed LSHTM asking for the next step in the process. I will definitely keep you posted.

I spoke to Patty earlier & I'm going to "girls night" at Jill's house in Hamden tomorrow evening - I'm in charge of desserts, being that's it's "girls" I think chocolate is required!! I'll find something good at the store I'm sure, I also have to look for Drano - apparently Matt's shower is clean (wonder who did that - lol) but not draining properly, aka very slowly. He & I had a few rather good talks tonight. Melissa is coming into town tonight for an unknown period of time so we chatted about that & have even reached the point where after they had spoken he came in & "vented" about her not wanting to visit. (we are trying to "building new habits" (good AA expression someone taught me) in our friendship) I reiterated the fact that I want him to be happy (even if it's not with me & he totally understood/agreed) and that I'm sorry he feels crappy that she didn't want to come to his place here in CT).

He had called me on Tuesday as I was driving down to DC to tell me how happy he was that my work permit had finally been granted & that it was great that I was going to have a chance to "start over" after all that we've been through (and other crap that has occurred during my 6 months back in the states). As I think I have said before, this has all been very surreal but as many smart people have told me, it makes the fact that I'm leaving that much easier!! I'm 90% sure we'll remain best of friends - I mean we were able to do it for this past year with all this "crap" that we've both been through, so in theory it can only get better, especially now that we both understand that honesty is the BEST policy - I guess I know it will be better, we just have to try to focus on the light at the end of the tunnel - which has been hard for me these past few months when living in such a limbo!! Again I thank my friends & family who have helped pull me through these past few months (AM, HC, SC, MJO, PMO, PSO, PL, BJS, RG, MMW, AWW, JW, MW, RW, JT, MT, MET, SW, EE, DB, KD, & BH)

In other exciting news, I just called to order my "new" Sonicare toothbrush charger. As some of you know (& some of you probably don't really care but I'm going to tell you anyways), Matt & I bought a Sonicare Essence 5300 toothbrush with two battery handles about 2 years ago for the price of one at the Sam's Club in Plattsburgh (score!!) This past year I left both with him in CT & used a battery operated Oral B toothbrush which I was okay, but nothing like my lovely 5300 series!! Now that I'm leaving for real (yeah!) I wanted to try to get a proper UK plug charger. I looked online to no avail & finally after about 20 minutes decided to call the 800 number, worried I would have to play the "press 1 for English, etc" game, but after just one ring a nice woman answered. I explained the situation & she said "hold on let me look . . . a few seconds later . . . yes, we have 9 left, would you like to order one?" Interestingly I was spelling out the town I'm staying at in CT when she pipped up that she was in Cheshire - how weird is that??? I always think of these operators as really far away or in India, but no she's just about 20 minutes down the road - we had a good giggle about it while she processed my order. It should arrive in 7-10 business days.

Tuesday I might go to NY to visit Pete & help him put in his floor - yeah I know ya'll are jealous about that!! It will be good to see him, Kris & Mo before I head over the pond.

my two lil patrol puppies (Henry above & Quid below), watching over mom's house in OR

what would you give for lashes like these???

Okay off to sleepy time now, I mean it is 12.08am!!

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 19 February, 2007 06:32, Anonymous Anonymous said...

glad u r safely back in ct, those pups are rather cute

 
At 21 February, 2007 16:16, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A puppy named Henry? I guess all Henry's are cute and huggable!!! ;-)
~H in NY

 

Post a Comment

<< Home