Saturday, December 23

finally in Portland

So after receiving 1 free round trip ticket to Europe and 1 free round trip ticket within the continental 48; sleeping in 2 free hotel rooms (one in Philly & one in Vegas), visiting 5 states (CT, PA, NV, WA, and OR), and a total of just 47.5 hours I'm safely at mom's house in Portland, OR.

It is a rather LONG story, but the short of the long, is they over booked my original flight (= night in philly) & I got bumped onto another flight that turned out to be over booked (= night in Vegas ) & finally was able to get an upgrade to first class on the flight to Seattle, WA, where we (Ebonie, Sean & I - 2 guys I met who were in the same situation as I was) rented a car & drove down to Portland. The 3 of us became good friends in our 48 hours of travel with out any deodorant or clean underwear - LOL.

All in all it was not a terrible experience, though I must admit I could not have survived without Ebonie & Sean, my two closest strangers, as I like to refer to them.

I hope my post finds all of you enjoying your Christmas weekend & I will be in touch soon. Should you fancy calling me, just remember I am 3 hours behind NY time & 8 hours behind London time!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home