Sunday, May 7

Happy & homesick

So my reason to be happy today is that I found out two good friends of mine from NY are sending me a surprise in the mail :) and I got 4 hours of studying done today!
The second reason is that my favourite football (soccer) team, Arsenal, won today!!
Putting them in 4th place overall at the Premiership!!
It's especially exciting seeing it was their final match at Highbury Stadium, next season they will be playing at Emirates Stadium. Here are a few photos from today's game, thanks to the Arsenal website:

Henry & other players say goodbye

Fireworks at Highbury

So reasons to be homesick are as follows (thanks DM!!):

leanto at Tom's Rock camping site

view from the leanto

As most of you know I love camping!! I have many fond memories associated with this site in particular. I've woken up to this view many mornings, eaten a Special K cereal bar & motored into the Trudeau beach just in time for work. I believe we (Eric, Billy, and I) stayed out here for over 2 consecutive weeks in Sept of 2003. Many a song has been sung by the campfire, one memorable was the night we were singing:

Love is a burning thing and it makes a firery ring bound by wild desire I fell in to a ring of fire...I fell in to a burning ring of fire I went down, down, down and the flames went higher. And it burns, burns, burns the ring of fire the ring of fire. The taste of love is sweet when hearts like our's meet I fell for you like a child oh, but the fire went wild..I fell in to a burning ring of fire.....etc

& finding the next morning while listening to the news at work finding out that Johnny Cash had passed away - we all feared we'd had something to do with it.
It makes me sad, knowing that I will miss all that camping this summer, while I'll be writing a thesis on T regulatory cells & EBV - which sounds more exciting to you??

Reason two is my mom went to pick up her new puppy, Quid, today and when I spoke to her earlier she said he's such a cutie-a-tutie. Now I want to go home & love him up (and Henry too!!)

Okay, gotta get ready for bed, I've got lectures on African trypanosomes in the morning & in a practical all afternoon on them as well.

1 Comments:

At 08 May, 2006 16:28, Blogger Sara said...

That is fine, I'll be patient . . . I do still have my Barrett keychain, it is on my USA key ring, so I'd LOVE to have the first grade photo for my UK keychain . . . especailly since I don't have a god-child yet ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home