Tuesday, May 2

Toxoplasma gondii

Aside from those of you at Trudeau, who knew what my title is?? Thanks to the Dept of Pathology at the University of Cambridge you can see some cysts and tachyzoites for yourself without ever having stepped foot into a lab. Now if you think those are cool, visit Pete's blog (see link on the side) b/c he's got really cool stuff he can show you, trust me I use to work with him, I've seem some really neat stuff.

Well today we had a lecture by
Frank Cox on Toxoplasma gondii (aka Toxo) and the main point that stuck in my mind since I've just returned from visiting ma petite soeur in France was that 85% of the people in France have Toxo while only about 40% of American's have it. Why you might ask, well the short of the long is you can get it from eating cat faeces or raw meat. I'm hoping that people in France are just eating lots of that magret de canard - basically raw duck that everyone says tastes like the best steak in the world, luckily I didn't try any & from now on I'll definitely pass on that one, you can keep your bloody Toxo to yourself, thank you very much!!! Well aside from that I can't think of anything really cool that we learned, I think I was just so thankful for having eaten lots of croissants & pain au chocolate that I couldn't retain any relevant info - LOL!!!!!

1 Comments:

At 03 May, 2006 14:17, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Sara,

I would be happy to provide some CS Lemon Zinger. I've hooked on the Mandarin Orange lately. I don't have your address over there though. Can you email me with it?

Love the pictures of everything. Ireland looks gorgeous! Good luck with your thesis.

Jess

 

Post a Comment

<< Home