Saturday, March 25

Even on holiday I can blog!

So today was my first official full day of holiday :)

Was woken up at 11am by Rob who wanted to go for breakfast. I agreed to meet him in 45 minutes so that I could first shower, check my email, & get a parcel from the post - it was my present for Jim & me from my mate Pete in the states. Half way back from the post I ran into Rob who'd already been to mine & found I wasn't there. So we walked back to my flat to opened the box. Inside were 4 things!!
2 NY State Trooper shirts for Jim,


1 summit base tshirt,

and 1 cute little NYS Trooper bear :)
This parcel arrived so perfectly timed - I've been missing home & now I don't have to miss it as much b/c I've got my own little trooper bear (will try to get photos at some point).

So after that excitement was over we decided to head for some breakfast. Rob asked if I minded going down to Camden. To which I replied, "I've got nothing to do for the next month, I don't give a care where we eat" so we hopped on the southbound Charing Cross branch of the Northern line & got off at Leicester Square (not Camden at all! For those of you unfamiliar with the layout of London, Camden Town is one stop down the tube from Kentish Town (where we live) and about 6 stops south of Camden is Leicester Sq.) We turned left out of the station towards Covent Garden but when all was said and done we ended up eating very close to Charing Cross tube station.

After lunch (we'd missed breakfast by about 30 minutes) we decided to do a little walk about London. Rob suggested doing something "cultural" for those of you who know Rob will make you laugh! But I agreed it would be nice, so we headed west towards Trafalgar Square - when we got there we noticed a lot of police action so we had to go and check it out of course. There was a protest going on so we looked at that for a bit & then walked through all the pigeons on the steps (like in Mary Poppins).


From there we walked down Pall Mall & cut down a side street which got us to the back of the Horse Guard, so we took a little side trip to see them. We walked down Whitehall Road, past 10 Downing Street, to Big Ben/ Westminster tube station, across the bridge and finally at our destination, the London Aquarium. We both got in for £8.50 instead of £10 concession on being a student ID card and Rob's warrant card.

We wandered around the aquarium for over an hour - we saw lots of different kinds of fish!! Only thing we missed were the sea horses, but we got to see some awesome sharks so that made up for the lack of sea horses.

From the aquarium we crossed the river and walked east on the north bank until we got to the Queen Mary boat & seeing as I needed a toilet, we popped in for a drink. We were sitting out on the deck when it started to rain. That's when we decided to make a plan for the evening. Rob called his mate Simon & I texted my mates from uni. Rob & Simon made plans to meet up at 8pm at O'Neils in the west end. Rob invited me to go along. I couldn't find any of my mates, so we made a plan to buy something & eat it at home.

We jumped on the Circle line at Temple and switched to the Northern line at Embankment & got off in KT. Rob went home to shower, shave his head & get ready to go out. I went to Iceland's to pick up 2 frozen pizzas and get garlic bread (all £1 each).

MissyLou arrived home while dinner was being cooked so she joined us. Rob had invited me to go out to O'Neils with Simon, but turns out it's a "boys night out" with lots of the guys from Hendon (where all the MET does their training). So I am staying home tonight, actually slightly relieved as I'm not sure I could have stayed out really late tonight & I'm not such a fan of going a long way home at night on my own.

Well Louise has been working very hard on her papers for Monday (her course got an extension on their course work).

So about an hour ago she took a typing break & we went down to Tesco's to get a little midnight snack. We got dolly mix and Hob Nobs with out chocolate, not nearly as good as with it but we've been doing so well with giving it up for Lent we can't rightly stop now!!

Also just FYI, the EU starts it's day lights saving time differently than the US does, so as of 0100h on the 26 March 2006 we will be setting our clocks forward 1 hour. The US waits till 2 April 2006, therefore for the next week I will be 6 hours ahead of EST (9 hours ahead of PST).

Okay off to watch Under the Tuscan Sun

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home