Thursday, January 26

Birthday in review

If I'd been in the states yesterday I would hav asked to go to Despos, since they are lacking in good Mexican food in England, we've got Indian food up the wazzoo!!!! So if you're dying for a curry come on over, but if you'd like a burrito, stay home.

Yesterday was a pretty good day - I was in class till noon, grabbed a quick lunch at the refractory here at uni (humous & peppers on brown bread), went to hear a "flu expert" talk about preparing for the flu pandemic in the UK - he didn't know much more than what I think I already knew so that was a little disappointing but then thinking about it later of course it makes sense to me that he can't know that much more because he won't know much until the pandemic starts - he can't predict the future!!

When the talk was over I went & worked with my group (Amanda, Dom, & Dave) on our presentation for today till around 5pm - that is a long time to be talking about TLRs, DCs and CD8+ T cell tolerance.

My group plus Heather (also from uni) took me out for drinks which was a total blast & then I hopped on the bus to head home to Kentish Town in order to have dinner with a friends from my neighbourhood, but they ended up having to work late (they're both coppers) so I just sat in my flat with my phone pasted to my ear most of the night (friends & family from the states) & got to bed around midnight!

Off to my class

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home