Monday, January 23

My presentation topics

Happy Monday :-)

So today we got our packet of articles we will be presenting on this week :) This packet contains the articles the groups have to present, as well as a few "background articles" that Greg thinks will be helpful to read (he likes to call them articles for 'fun'.)

While flipping through the packet I noticed a review article by David Woodland from 2004, not for presentation but background info on prime-boosting. Even more interesting was that I remember being in Jean's office when she was making the figure. Woody came in to check on it and asked me if I thought it needed an extra set of blue dots - I said yes, so now when I look at the figure I know that those dots are there in part thanks to me!!

Well my group for this entire week is: Amanda, Dom, David and myself. Luckily, since we've got the group all week long, it a good group!! The paper we're presenting tomorrow is, Increased vaccine efficacy against tuberculosis of recombinant Mycobacterium bovis bacille Calmette-Guerin mutants that secrete listeriolysin. It's not a bad acticle at all, rather interesting and makes sense, compared to some of the articles we've read over the past 2 weeks with Helena & John!

I think we have to present this article on Thursday, which means on my birthday I'll have to put together a presentation, but since we know our group ahead of time and we'll know for sure tomorrow which paper we have I think I'll start working on it tomorrow so I'm more free on Wednesday night, especially since I already have dinner plans that I don't want to miss!!

Well I think I will start to head home now so I can pick up some food for dinner on the way & be able to have time to review my presentation at home and add any extra info into the margins.

Cold update: still sore throat & stuffy nose, new today is a cough & crackling ears BUT my friend Heather says that the cough is the last stage of the cold. Heather's cold lasted 3 weeks (one week throat problems, one week sinus problems, one week cough) so I'm hopeful I have the same cold just the shortened version.

1 Comments:

At 23 January, 2006 21:12, Anonymous Anonymous said...

In one of those papers one of the authors was having an affair with grad student friend of mine when I was a post doc at UW

 

Post a Comment

<< Home