Saturday, January 21

Shannon's Birthday

Susan & I went to meet Andrew at 4pm for coffee. Andrew is a junior at Norwich University, studying here this semester. The Dean of Students at NU emailed me and asked if I could check in on him from time to time. He seems to have settled in very well and has actually seen more of England than I have and he arrived 10 January!!!

We then came up to KT to get our ritual Friday night curry. On our way up we decided to borrow some movies from Jim since I knew I would not be going out at all this weekend plus he & Rob were going to be working earlies (06.30-14.30) so I wanted to be stock up!! We borrowed Lee Evans Live at Wembley, the Rock, Good Morning Vietnam, Men of Honour, St Elmos Fire and Troy.

We had our usual chicken korma with nan bread followed by a walk down KT Road to get some baklava, but to our dismay the store was closed, so next Friday we'll have to buy dessert first and save it for later. Last week we must have eaten much earlier b/c we were able to get the baklava and bring it with us to my local and eat it there with the group of people we were meeting that night.

On our way back to my flat we stopped into talk to Bianca who was working - we chatted with her for a few minutes before we contiued on home. Once home we each got some tea and sat down to watch the Lee Evans movie - It's one of the funniest things I've seen in awhile!!! He's really hysterical!! If you get a chance to watch it, please do, it's well worth it. He does curse a lot, but his jokes are wonderful!!!!!!

Susan caught the 12.45 bus home and I went to bed. This morning I got up, went to the post office, came home, showered, had breakfast, and went to study group. We reviewed Cre/lox system and ChIP assays. After that we went to grab some lunch. Then it was off for ice skating, but at this point I bowed out seeing as I've still got my cold, but it's not really getting any worse, so I'm happy for that, just don't want to push it since this is a very intense term!!!

Came home, caught up on a few phone calls, drank some Celestrial Season's Lemon Zinger tea, watched Good Morning Vietnam, checked my email, and now updating my blog for all of you to read.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home