Saturday, October 1

Rude awakening with happy endings

So I just realized that early today, around 10am or so I wrote a huge long blog entry, but apparently never "posted" it, now I will try to remember it for you. Of course this will not be easy since I've got a bit of a head cold - ya know sore throat, stuffy/runny nose, headache behind the eyes when you move them, and a darn good cough if I do say so myself!!

Okay here goes . . . I had a very rude awakening early this morning (even before my alarm, set for 9am). I woke up to this not so enjoyable, in my mind unpleasant noise.
I'm not sure if this is true all over London, but their door bell noise is not like your typical door bell sound in the states - I say this based on the fact that I grew up in approximately 7+ houses/apartments. I would say that the door bell noise in the states is a sort of "ding-dongish" noise. From what I can gather the London door bell noise is more of an abrupt deep buzz noise. I really can't explain it at all - maybe some of you have heard it and will know how to better describe it.

So back to the point of my story, when I finally realized what it was I climbed down from my lofted bed, threw a sweatshirt & shoes on, unlocked the door (making sure not to lock myself out), turned the corner to run down the stairs when I see mail coming through our mail slot. I'm guessing what was going on is that the mail person wasn't sure if the package would fit through the slot so (s)he rang the doorbell but then realized it would and just sort of shoved it in.
I flipped through the mail and discovered I had my first piece of mail that wasn't a bill - this made me very happy!! It was a note from a very cute boy in Saranac Lake, who's name will remain anonymous, but I will give you this much of a hint, he's a
HUGE Yankees fan and is probably watching them play the Red Sox, right now as I type, seeing as it is now 1.40 for you on EST.

Another happy note, for those of you who weren't aware of this already, my lovely Mother Mary is on the move again. Destination: Portland, Oregon. She, Henry (her dog), and friend Katie (who came along to help make the long drive from Las Cruces, NM to Portland) should be arriving momentarily, of course it is 10.40am so maybe not yet. She's found a place with a nice fenced in backyard. To be honest that is all I know about the place at the moment, but as soon as she gets settled in I'm sure she will be back online sending photos for all of us to see.

Well I think this morning's telling was much better, but this is the best I can do and better than nothing at all.


The rest of my day has been spent napping, reading and drinking tea :) I did get to chat with Matt who was on his way out the door to see the Yankees game at a friends house (fingers crossed they will win today!!) I'm off to make some more tea and maybe another nap!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home