Thursday, September 29

later that day

So it's been an exhausting afternoon . . . lots of accomplishments :)
My friend Louise (from Scotland) who's been living on a friend's couch finally found a flat to live in. I went with her yesterday to see a place just so she didn't have to go alone. At that place she would have been living with a family and just had a bedroom - neither of us fancied that idea! But tonight we went to a place were there will be 3 other students letting bedrooms - 1 Italian girl, 1 Chinese boy, 1 Japanese girl. She really liked it and it was much less expensive than the place we saw last night. BONUS for me is that it's about a 5 minutes walk from my flat to hers and since we're in the same course - I'll have someone to pal around with on the tube and we can study together at the library or at our 2 flats!
I'm tired from all the walking we did today - after finding the computer lab and sending the past email I tried to getting my name changed so it would match my passport (which is what I need to get a bank account), so I went to the registry and tried to change the spelling but since I didn't have my passport with me they couldn't do it, so still no bank account :( I did however get my school ID card name changed - the receptionist took my word that it was spelled without an h.
Then Louise and I set off to find a post office without a long que and it was darn near impossible! We started out walked from school over to a little cafe we like for tea and cakes. When that was done we walked over to Great Portland St. down that road for a few, then back towards school on Oxford St and down Charing Cross to Leicester Sq only finding 1 post office with an outrageous que which we could not imagine waiting for. The reason we walked towards L.Sq. was that I'd made plans to meet up with Emily (waitress I met from TX) for dinner. Since Louise and I arrived sort of early, we walked over to Picadilly Circus, down to Trafalgar Sq and then back up to Leicester Sq. Along the way we took a quick look at menus and prices. We found a place that gave us a 3 course dinner for only 6#s and it was really good. We three will try to get together this coming weekend if our schedules work out.
That's it for me for tonight . . . we get to meet our tutors tomorrow for lunch, so I think I'm going to get to bed early and see if I can get in the post office que early in the morning and see if that is better!
Good Night :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home