Friday, September 16

16 Sept, afternoon sometime

Hi from Kentish Town 6pm my time,
So I survived my first night alone and met the BT (phone) man this morning and now my land line is working - I just have to wait until Monday to get broadband so I won't have to leave my flat to check email, but I did discover today that across the road is a cheaper Internet place :) so I've got an extra 10 minutes for 50p (1 US dollar).
Met dad in central London today to visit the British Museum - dad wanted to see the Pantheon display since he was just in Greece. The original reason for meeting at the London Eye was to see the boats tour down the Thames River that 200 years ago brought in some man's body for burial (I forget his name, he died at the battle of Waterloo, maybe his name was Nathan?!?!?) Apparently the US didn't teach British history so well ;)
so I'm getting my bearings as to where things are in relation to my school and my flat which is nice. my "cousin" Danielle and I had dinner last night at a French rest. in her neck of the city, Islington - which I found on the tube map all by myself and managed the transfer at Euston station without asking for directions (first for me) and she seems really cool - she's been living in Tokyo for the past 5 years and has been here 5 months so we're both sorta new to this London stuff. I think we'll be hanging out more in the future.
Tomorrow my mission is to get an Oyster card (weekly or monthly tube/bus pass) and get into central London around 10am to buy tickets to a show for Dad and me that night. He in the mean time will be riding the tube from Stretham to Kentish Town with a few more free blankets from his friend. We will meet at my flat around lunch time and go from there based on what show I got tickets to and where in the city the theatre (that's the English way to spell it) is.
Okay, I'm running out of minutes, will write more either over the weekend or early next week. Once I get broadband working I will send photos of my flat, sorry it's taking so long!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home