Monday, September 19

library & Giraffe

Hello from sunny London :)
All is going well, I've gotten my membership to the local Kentish Town library so until I have broadband hooked up in my flat, I can use the computers here for free for 1 hour a day instead of paying £0.50 (1 US dollar) for 40 minutes across the street.
The key boards over here are different than in the US - they have the @ sign next to the enter key instead of on the shit 2 - making it difficult to send emails since I keep hitting shift 2 and getting " instead of an @ sign.
Can't remember when I last wrote . . . Saturday evening we went to see "We Will Rock You" musical with Queen's music - it was very good, not what I expected, but good none the less.
Yesterday morning Dad and I headed into the West End (or as I like to call it "into town") to see some of London's Open House - we only made it to the Foreign & Commonwealth Offices, but that was quite the tour - marble staircases and beautiful painting on all the walls - many walls were painted with vivid colors and gold!! After that tour we had a quick drink at the Sherlock Holmes Pub then over the Thames to see the "Thames Festival" excitement - lots of street vendors & music. We walked around there for a bit watching one group practice for the parade later that evening.
Then dad and I went to a restaurant called "Giraffe" and our waitress was an American girl from TX - she seems cool - she came here on a work VISA for 6 months after finishing her bachelors. She's here until December then going back to the states, so we exchanged numbers. After that dad and walked over to see the parade with lots of drum bands and dancers w/ feathers and sparkling beads. For the finale of this weekend we got to see the fireworks from the Waterloo bridge at 9:30pm.
Today has been mainly household chores, hammering a few nails to keep the floor boards from squeaking, sweeping, moping, and putting all my clothes into the closets.
Well that's the latest from London :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home