Thursday, January 31

Glad to be alive



Walking into work today with my mate Maeve & I were just outside the tube station when I said something like, "wow that crane is scarey" (it had a wooden pallet with 6 sand bags on it.) As we started to walk by it we heard crackling noises then a large crack & knew the pallet was breaking, so we tried to run, but being rush hour outside a tube station we could only move about a foot forward. As we turned around to look what was behind us we saw all the bags of sand "exploded" on the ground around us. So if we'd been a second later, it could have been our heads!!

We didn't stop to talk to anyone, just kept on going with our hearts beating at about 100mph!!

My mate Dave reckons we should go get lotto tickets considering how lucky we are - if only I wasn't so cheap I might actually do it . . .

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

At 31 January, 2008 14:36, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOWZIE!! Geesh, that was close. I love the photos -- crisp and clear. You should enter them in the Theme Thursday -- I just learned about it.. It's a photo theme and this week it's focus. (every week there is a different theme.) I think these photos, and your story definitely are focused.

 
At 31 January, 2008 16:38, Blogger Stacy said...

Wow, you are so lucky you were quick! Great shots and quite the story to go with them. Thanks for joining in at Theme Thursday. :)

 
At 31 January, 2008 17:24, Blogger Andrew said...

Yikes! Glad to hear you're okay!

 
At 31 January, 2008 17:44, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a fantastic city. Health and safety take the day off?

 
At 31 January, 2008 17:55, Blogger Sara said...

SusieJ - cheers, will do!

Stacy - yes, I am glad I was fast.

Andrew - me too :)

Amanda - well OSHA doesn't apply over here & apparently since it's not a "sue your arse" society (yet) they aren't bothered if they reduce the population by 2 on a random thursday morning!

 
At 31 January, 2008 21:11, Blogger Maggie said...

Great shots! But yikes! How scary -- glad you didn't get landed on!

 
At 01 February, 2008 02:21, Blogger Fingers To Toes Photography said...

Great shots - but eaks Glad everything is ok!

 
At 01 February, 2008 06:22, Blogger BRAINCHEESE said...

That is no way to try and spend a day at the beach (I'm thinking tangentially "sand" here)...when weird things like that happen to me, I listen closely for the faint voice from heaven that might be saying, "Damn, I missed her!"

Linda D. in Seattle

 
At 01 February, 2008 10:17, Blogger Sara said...

Maggie & Jennifer - thanks for you comments, will have to stop by your blogs in a bit

Ms. Cheesewiz - you always have the greatest thoughts (sand = beach)!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home