Sunday, July 1

My House

Happy July, I'm still in shock that it's July already, feels like just last month I was out visiting my mum for Christmas and a few weeks ago I was moving here, but that's over 3 months ago now . . . time flies when you're having fun, right?!?!?!?

Long over due photos of where I live . . .


Zarina's & my bathroom - note the STAND UP shower on the left :)

left half of kitchen
right half of kitchen
garden view from Zarina's room
garden view from kitchen
my bedroom
looking right out my window
looking left out my window

I can't take any nice shots of the outside & all the pics look sorta dark, but that's cause it's been raining for over a week!!

Just wanted to say a quick Thank You to all of you who sent concerned messages, yes there were 2 car bomb scares in central London on Thursday and yesterday a flaming jeep did drive into the Glasgow (Scotland) airport, but I'm safe & sound.

To ease some of your concerns, I am not worried about taking public transport and my daily life goes on without change. I admit I do spend a few extra seconds looking at the people who sit near me on the buses and tubes, but only twice in the 2 years I've been here since the bombings of 7/7/05 have I gotten off a tube because of feeling "weird" about another passenger. I guess it is a threat that we all sort of just live with on a daily basis, as do many other around the world.

The bigger worry to me is that it may never stop raining, the temps may never get above 65F, and I may never see real summer weather this year. It's been cold & rainy for over a week straight now, albeit we did have 3 hours (not consecutive) of sun on Friday while I was at the zoo with my co-workers, but I did just looked at the weather & apparently we could have "sunny intervals" today, which is really exciting!! Course the rest of the week is rain, but sun on a weekend would be fantastic!!

Totally unrelated, if you'd like to listen to the radio I listen to at work, click here :)

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At 01 July, 2007 17:54, Blogger LindseyO said...

Oh, your house looks cosy and pretty and comfortable! I love the garden. (Is it unusual to have a stand-up shower in London?)

Glad you're safe and sound and all is well. Definitely know how the "won't ever stop raining" feels. It does that here in Portland frequently too. :-P

 
At 01 July, 2007 18:20, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The house looks so nice!
Hope your rain stops soon and we are very glad you are safe. But we knew you were, my intuition would tell me if you were in danger. :)

-Shann

 
At 02 July, 2007 20:35, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know it's crazy, but I miss the rain in London sometimes! But I guess not in the summer. Is it better or worse than roasting alive in a lab w/o AC?

Your house looks nice. But more importantly, the neighborhood does also. Well done.

 
At 03 July, 2007 08:34, Blogger BRAINCHEESE said...

What a FABULOUS garden!!! Is that something typical for London? Seeing as how I've never been to Europe, I have no idea.

Lovely "flat"...very charming!

Linda D. in Seattle, WA, USA

 
At 03 July, 2007 19:06, Blogger Shelby said...

You house is so pretty! And the garden!! :) I love gardens.. I would just sit and sit and sit and drink tea.

happy day!

p.s. I found you through Marcia (Meeaugraphie)... :)

 
At 03 July, 2007 23:07, Anonymous Anonymous said...

great looking place and how great you look in zoo photos. Love, Ma

 

Post a Comment

<< Home