Tuesday, April 17

$2 = £1 and Mr D

Can you believe it? It's a total $2 to every £1 now!! Thank goodness I'm being paid in £s these days or I'd be in real trouble - it was about £1 = $1.75 when I started here at uni in Sept 2005. I feel really bad for all the tourists!! Andrew watch out when you come to visit in May, be sure to set aside a few extra US$ to compensate for the crazy prices!!

title of this photo is gone but not forgotten

I got a very sad phone call from my lil sis last night that a good friend of hers (& our whole family) , Scott's father passed away yesterday from cancer. I think the cancer was discovered about 2 years ago & I know it's been a rough uphill battle for him. I only hope that he is more at peace now & no longer suffering - not that it makes it any easier on his wife, 2 sons, or daughter & son-in-law. Please keep Scott & his family in your thoughts over the next few days, it is never easy to loose someone, but to loose your father when you are 27 years old I'm sure is extra hard! Mr D was a hysterically funny man who always loved to wind up either Patty or Scott - I recall a few years ago when my mom was living in NM, our family got invited to the D's house for Christmas Eve dinner since their family only lived about an hour away in TX. When we arrived I remember the first thing Mr D said to my sister, Patty, was "That's my girl Patty, you're keeping my stock alive & doing better than Scott" There has been an ongoing rivalry between Scott & Patty since the summer that they both worked for GE in Erie, PA, since Patty switched to work for Pratt and Scott stayed with GE. Mr D was one of those guys who could always put a smile on your face & had loads of energy for an adult. He was constantly trying to get Patty & Scott to get married so he could have Patty as a daughter-in-law. Mr D will be missed, but I know he will live on through those people who's lives he touched over the years.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home