Tuesday, April 17

maybe I was wrong

When writing my "stab proof hoodies" post yesterday I had no clue about this horrible incident at VT. Had I known I might have thought that the UK could invest in stab proof hoodies, while the US should invest in bullet proof hoodies. I have to admit this is a rather scary prospect! I was poo-pooing it all yesterday, but now after reading the article, I'm more sure that everyone needs to start focusing on the problem of stabbings & shootings in both the US & UK! I wish I had an idea of what I thought would be a good solution, but I got nuthin. I still don't think that hoodies with vests in them is the solution, but I've got nodda for other ideas, so I can't slag off the company for their inventions, as I guess it's better than nothing!

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 18 April, 2007 02:51, Blogger carmilevy said...

I think the frustrating thing is that there are so few answers. We are powerless to stop these senseless tragedies, and the only certainty is that someday soon, it'll happen again. And again. And...

I wish I could do more than push words around a screen. I wish I could protect the innocents who perish at the hands of madmen. I wish so much that I could turn back time.

I just wish those who feel that this is their only option would stop and think about the consequences of their actions. Then again, thinking doesn't seem to be at the top of the madman's list of priorities.

Maybe I'll just pray. And hug my wife and kids.

And dog. Of course, the dog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home