Monday, January 1

OMSI adventures

Mom, Patty, Matt & I went to the OMSI today, what fun! We saw the Antartica IMAX movie then the Black Holes: The Other Side of Infinity in the planetarium. After the "movie" section of our day was done we then entered the main attraction area, where we visited the "Chemistry Lab" where you must always wear your googles, we learned about flame colours, temperatures, production of gas, then onto the "Physics Lab" where we learned about magnets and sound. We then took a trip into the "earthquake house" to feel the Portland earthquake (5.6) in 1997 and the Seattle (6.8) of 2001, not bad in that situtation, but in my own house I would totally freak out!! I remember that earthquake we felt a few years ago while I was up in Potsdam visiting my sis for the weekend. From there we checked out the infared section of the museum, we put our hands on cold & hot shapes then stood in front of the camera to see the cool shapes & colours - really rather neat if you ask me.

Now we're ordering dinner from the Newport Seafood Grill and we're going to eat at home since mom has AA friends from New Mexico, who are suppose to be driving through the area around 6pm on their way from Seattle back home. She hasn't seen them in over a year & we haven't seen them in over 2 years. We're getting coconut prawns, grilled halibut, filet mignon, garlic mashed, asperagus & green beans.

1 Comments:

At 02 January, 2007 06:32, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What, no "how babies are made" exhibit at OMSI?! That thing has - literally - been around since before I was born...

Anyway, glad ya'll have been having a grand time in our fair city. I gotta get me some of that cheese. ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home