Friday, December 29

THE SUN

something I thought I might never see while in PDX, was all around today :) well truth be told I saw glimpses of it yesterday, but since I was feeling like shit I couldn't give a care, which made the sun today that much better!!

Well before I start on that I have to mention that mom, Patty & Matt made a terrific dinner last night for a mini dinner party mom had, actually truth be told I haven't tried anything that was prepared yet but everyone else seemed to really enjoy it. Zee with Rennie, Saundra, Erika, John, Paul, Patty, Mom, Dad, Matt, and I were all there. It was my first time being up & social all day, it wasn't bad since all I had to do was sit & talk a bit, but after it was over I was knackered & went straight to bed & slept in till around 9am (with a brief period of awakeness to say goodbye to my dad). Honestly if Zee hadn't come I never would have gotten out of the recliner, but I'm glad I did, cause I got to meet her little princess Rennie & we had a great time chatting (nb she was the only person who showed up on time!!!!! another one of my pet pieves, but I won't get side tracked on that right now)

Back to my day today, Mom brought dad to the airport at 8am & then took Henry for his vet check-up (where it was confirmed that he has yet another ear infection - poor boy!!) Patty & Matt arrived around 9.30am & had decided since it was suppose to be a nice day (we were still covered in clouds & fog when we looked out the windows) to go on the Historic Columbia River Highway drive. We left around 11am & first attempted to go up the Larch Mountain Road to see the Sherrard Viewpoint Picnic Area where you can see 5 mtn views (St Helens, Rainier, Adams, Hood & Jefferson), but there was a warning sign that the road was closed due to snow, so we hit all the other good spots, Women's Forum Overlook, Crown Point Vista House, Latourell Falls, Bridal Veil Falls, Wahkeena Falls, Multnomah Falls, then we drove for aways & hit up a panoramic view point just past Hood River, then we doubled back to Hood River & caught a glimpse of the town before stopping at Columbia Gorge Hotel, tres cool if you ask me, we took a ton of photos & I'll try to put a slide show together, but if you look under "my photos" and then under "28 Dec 06" you'll see them all.




Food Poisoning Update: feeling 10x better than yesterday, but my food intake is limited to 3 saltines for breakfast & 5 sips of soup & 1/2 peice of toast for lunch, it's almost 7.15pm & I'm not at all hungry, even with Mom, Patty & Matt all eating in the room next to me.

1 Comments:

At 29 December, 2006 04:24, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh good, glad you got to see some of the sights out east of here. The Columbia River Gorge Hotel is a wonderful place! I've even stayed there, once, and the rooms are just beautiful.

Thanks for getting out of the recliner to visit - I know you didn't feel well and it was appreciated! :)

Glad you're starting to feel better! Soon maybe you'll even get to eat a real piece of bread! Rennie says hello!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home