Monday, January 1

Peacock Lane

On the way to Zee's house mom & I got a wee bit lost, during which time Jim called from London to wish me a happy new year, since it was 20 to 12 his time. We had a good chat while mom looked for the correct address. We finally found her apt, after she came out & flagged us down - it was rather funny - lol - if I do say so myself. Mom & I got a tour of her place & got to visit with Miss Rennie before we left to go downtown to the movie theatre.

So after seeing The Queen movie (which was really good btw), we came back to mom's house & picked up Patty, Matt & Mom and went to dinner. We eat at the Alameda Cafe, the food on the most part was good a bit salty, but the dessert was fantastic, it was marionberry cobbler - yummers! I of course had 5 sips of soup & a wee taste of everyone else's dinner & dessert.

After dinner we went to see the
lights of Peacock Lane check out the photo gallery to see what we saw since none of us had a camera with us. Thanks Zee for the tip on that one!! On the way there we called Dad since it was 9pm Portland time to wish him a happy 2007, but apparently we were 2 minutes early so they were awaiting the ball dropping in Time Square, from the comfort of a house in NJ.

Now the big decision . . . wait up till midnight or not?!?!?! Course I should since Jan 1, 2007 marks just 24 days till one of the best days of the year, me birthday - I know that's not proper English, but it's a joke amoung friends, which I will now attempt to tell but it might not make the same impression over a blog entry but here goes:

Susan, Louise, Rob & I were standing in the enterance to the Kentish Town tube cause it was chuckin it down with rain, we were saying good bye to Susan & we were all talking, I heard Rob with his strong Irish accent say, miss-you & I thought it was rather abrupt & random but I replied, Miss you too Rob, to which he said no, "Me shoe, the beer spilled on me shoe". We were all in hysterics at this point. Now if that doesn't sound so funny, say outloud, meshoe, all as one word & with your best Irish accent & imagine lots of background rain noise, you'll note it sorta sounds like miss you. If not, sorry I warned you it might not work as well when reading.

Well now that I've been fussing with this blog entry for nearly 20 minutes, I think I will stop here, as you can see I don't have anythign earth shattering to report. Guess I should be working on my new years resolutions!!!!!

Happy New Year Sydney, London, NYC and almost Tennessee, Wisconson, and Minnesota!!

1 Comments:

At 01 January, 2007 07:22, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh hey, how funny you guys went to Peacock Lane!! It seems to have become a much bigger "deal" - what with the horse-drawn carriages and such - than when I was a kid and living over there. I hope you had a good time at it!

~Zee

 

Post a Comment

<< Home