Sunday, March 12

American visitors :)

OMG, it was SO great to see Marlene today!! Her friends are super sweet! Plus she brought me 3 boxes of Celestrial Seasons Lemon Zinger tea!!

I went down to Sloane Square to pick up Brian & Mars since they're not familiar with the tube system and a few lines are down this weekend for engineering work. We had a quick peanut butter sandwich and then came up to KT and watched England get their butts kicked by France in rugby followed by the Arsenal game.


When we first arrived Brian was debating what drink to get & in the process made 3 friends, James, James and Nikki, not local but coppers (weird, huh?? I must attract them or something :) Thanks to the two James' Brian was introduced to a Snakebite (half lager, half cider, shot of blackcurrant) Mars had a black & tan (half lager & half Guiness) while I stuck with my usual Magners (Irish cider) which was presented to me about 3 minutes after our arrival before the other two had even made up their minds about what they wanted to drink, LOVE that the bar staff know me so well!! To quote Jade when she was talking to Marlene, "Monday thru Thursday she gets a pint of lemonade, but weekends she starts with a bottle of Magners, then moves on to lemonade, I always have the drinks for my regulars ready"

Then the rest of the group joined us (can't remember all of their names now). After about an hour of learning some British slang & hearing all about how coppers don't carry guns in England we went for fish & chips across the road. During dinner I could see all of them fading fast so we took a quick tour of my flat and now they're on their way back to their flat with my hand written directions as to which tubes to take, underground maps, my Lonely Planet guide to London & my A to Z book - what more do you need?!?!?!

Did I tell you their flat is very swanky!! Beautiful area and they paid near to nothing for it since the head radiologist at Yale owns it and auctioned it off for a good cause - pretty cool!! (they're all PA students at Yale)

Well I'm off to figure out more about my presentation for Friday. Mars & I are going to get together on Wednesday night - I think I have the afternoon off so that will be good to do some work before we meet up (fingers crossed it will be productive)
I HAVE TO DO A LOT OF WORK THESE NEXT 2 WEEKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FYI, not sure you care but England lost to France with a score of something like 24-6 :( but in good news Arsenal beat Liverpool 2-1, GREAT game!!! Ta-ra & Toodle-pip!

1 Comments:

At 14 March, 2006 13:43, Blogger PCS said...

Actually, many of us sure don't care about France. We like England but only because they have cool royals.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home