Thursday, January 12

Bits & Bobs

This morning I woke up extra early to make it over to the post office pick up site since I'd received a notice saying I had some mail that didn't fit into my very small mail slot (anything larger than a child's hand won't fit!!)

When I arrived the post man told me I had more than one and would I mind picking them all up - I of course told him no problem. After producing my passport ID for him to verify he handed me 3 packages!! VERY exciting . . . I knew one was a present for Jim, which I'd been anxiously awaiting as his birthday was on Monday!! The others were somewhat surprises always nice to have pleasant surprises first thing in the morning, don't you think?!?!?!

Second package was a birthday present for a friend of mine in the states which I've been half expecting but thought it might not be here till Saturday, so now I can get that all sorted out and be ready to mail in February.

Third package I could tell by the writing who it was from (see bottom right corner of the photo - those of you who know her will recognize the writing immediately) but I had no clue what was inside. It is a beautiful fleece dressing gown (bath robe for you Americans - LOL) from Liz Clairborne and a pair of socks (that's them in the middle, not a tie) from my god-mother in NJ. I'm not sure how well the photo will come out so I'll tell you it's blue, green and white strips. It's perfect for these British flats that have a tendency to be a bit drafty!


Totally off topic, a good friend of mine down in Key West sent me this link which you just have to check out - it's too funny not too! You'll need to have your sound on as well when viewing it.

Here is the paper I have to present tomorrow - sounds like fun huh?!?!?
Well gotta get going on my power point slides.

2 Comments:

At 12 January, 2006 23:25, Blogger PCS said...

#1 who sent you the 'dressing gown'?

#2 who assigned that paper and why?

#3 couldn't they have found something more interesting?

 
At 13 January, 2006 13:22, Blogger Sara said...

Answers:

#1 = my god-mother, Aunt Helen sent it from NJ

#2 = John Raynes assigned it - our weekly topic is inflammation

#3 = I bet he could have, but he didn't, so I just read it and wrote up a summary/discussion section for my group's presentation.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home