Tuesday, December 13

Expressions thanks to Patty & life in TN

So here are a few things Patty has learned in her few months in TN. I found them rather amusing, hope you do as well . . .

southern expressions:

compliment: you are as fine as frog hair

if someone is annoyed/angry you can say "I wonder who peed in his/her cheerios " or "I wonder who licked the red off his/her candy"

I'm fixin to get back to work

southern vocabulary:
pare - never underestimate the pare of a woman

taters - potatoes

cheer - have a seat in that there cheer

phraisin - I need a sweater, it's phraisin in here!


Well I'm off to give my presentation today and then finish studying for my exam tomorrow!! I CANNOT believe this term is basically over!!!!
It is exactly 3 months ago today that I left Boston's Logan Int'l airport - Time flies when you're having fun. Still lovin it :) See you in a few!

1 Comments:

At 13 December, 2005 06:51, Blogger Sara said...

opps, it was 3 months ago today that I arrived in London - forgot what day it was - LOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home