Sunday, December 11

"Accidental Explosion"

08.00 GMT - So I'm guessing this will make the US news, but what they tell you will be different from what BBC is telling us, so here is the link to get you the "real" news!! Hemel Hempstead, is far enough away from Kentish Town that we didn't feel the explosion, well maybe if I'd been awake I might have noticed something, but I was snoozing away. Updates to come.

12.00 GMT - So from where I live you can see the black cloud and even right above my flat you can see grey in the sky, I'll try to take a photo later, just not sure how clear you will be able to see the darkness - I'm guessing later today will be better. Off to study group now.
Here are a few photos I found online . . .

The first blast happened just after 0600 GMT, at the Buncefield fuel depot, close to junction 8 of the M1.

Three large explosions have taken place at an fuel depot near Hemel Hempstead in Hertfordshire, photo by Zoot Steeples.

16.30 GMT - Okay so I took a few photos during the day from my flat - here is what I can see - I think you'll be able to see the difference from around noon when I took the first few to 4pm when I took the next set of photos - will be interested to see what it all looks like tomorrow morning. When riding the bus home today I wished I'd had my camera b/c in the city center you can see a lot further than you can from my 1st floor flat!!

around noon - you can still see bright blue on top but the dark clouds are moving in

Around 4pm, can you see how much darker it is?
Same direction as the above photo just zoomed in b/c the street lights were on and they were screwing up the photo

1 Comments:

At 13 December, 2005 06:53, Blogger Sara said...

Yesterday (Monday) I could not see the smoke any more but apparently the wind changed direction. Fires are still burning and my cop friends have been but on duty over there - when they come home they smell horrible from that fire!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home