Tuesday, March 3

Save the Date - September 26, 2009

Hello my lovely readers, please save the date - mark calendars/diaries, import info into computers/iPhones, etc - September 26, 2009. We'll be hosting an event in New York for the Itafari Foundation. In case you missed my daily Rwanda updates click here and scroll down a little bit so you can read about all 21 days of our adventure! You can also see the Itafari Travelogue for details & photos!!!

I know many of you don't live in NYC, but it's not that far of a drive & considering I will have flown over 2000 miles and the president of the Itafari foundation will have flown over 2300 miles I think you can make the drive for such a good cause!

Click here and be sent to the events page of the Itafari website, save the link so you can be kept up to date on the events going on. I know some of my readers are west coasters and so you probably won't be making the September event, but there are some in your area as well so keep checking back to see when Momma Itafari will be near you!

This event will be wonderful, I just know it! There will be baskets from Rwanda on sale and you can speak with the President or me about our experiences in Rwanda last October. There are goats to be bought, which is always a fabulous gift for friends & family! If goats aren't your thing, there are children to be sponsored, bricks to be purchased for a high school in Kigali, micro loans to be given, or just any amount of cash will help out immensely! I know these are hard times, but remember you have a roof over your head, you're eating 2+ meals a day, your parents were not murdered in front of you, and you have access to some of the best health care in the world - these are all luxuries which not everyone in Rwanda has.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 03 March, 2009 17:55, Blogger Vicky Trabosh said...

To all of you Garnet fans, please join us! The night will leave you inspired, hopeful, full of joy and laughter - and that's even before we get to the good stuff! Sara and I will do a presentation that will not focus on a genocide that happened 15 years ago, but on the strength and resilience of the Rwandan people. I will even try and get some of my favorite Rwandan musicians to join us...but you come first. hope to see you there!

 
At 06 March, 2009 16:05, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sounds great....will it fit in on your trip to see Patty too?

 
At 11 March, 2009 06:38, Blogger BRAINCHEESE said...

you are a jet setter...I simply cannot keep up! LOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home