Sunday, June 8

Sunday in the SUN :-)

I was lucky enough to be able to enjoy a sunny day in London - YEAH!! Woke up today & it was sunny, so made a plan of wondering around London anywhere, just as long as it was outside. Rob texted around half 10 to see what I was up to & I told him anything outdoors I was game for, but NO sitting in a pub, not even an outdoor pub. He agreed & arrived around 1pm. I've highlighted the route we walked (took just over 4 hours):From my flat we walked down to Camden Markets & grabbed a bite to eat whilst wandering through the craziness of the markets. From there we proceeded down Parkway toward Regent's Park. We walked across the bottom of Primrose Hill (too many people on the hill for us to fancy walking up it), across the canal & onto the outer circle of Regent's Park. When we got to the "bottom" (south side) of the park, we got onto Marylebone Rd & headed back towards Warren Street station. When we got to Warren St station, we turned up Hampstead Rd & followed that as it turned into Camden High Street. At this point we were both rather hot & exhausted, so we popped into see Nim who was working at the pub. I had an apple mango J2O drink - yum! At 5pm Nim was off work so she & I headed back home (she lives just 70 doors away on my same street). Later I'm going over there for Sunday roast dinner & to collect the keys to their flat so I can water their plants & feed their fish whilst there in Kenya for the next two weeks.


Did I tell you the exciting news? I have a house sitter who's going to pay me to stay here whilst I'm in the states . . . how awesome is that? It's my mates Jaiden & John who are back after 6 months of touring around SE Asia. They arrive on Tuesday the 17th & I leave on Thursday the 19th, so they'll kip on the couch for 2 night then can have full run of the place for 3 weeks whilst looking for jobs & a new flat. Works out perfectly for all of us :-) Course if they need more time I said they can stay as long as they'd like after I'm back as well. and BEST of all they'll pay my rent whilst they're here, water my plants, and collect my mail, what more can you ask for?!?!?!

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

At 08 June, 2008 21:58, Anonymous Anonymous said...

great plan Ra!

 
At 08 June, 2008 22:43, Blogger Sara said...

I Know :)

 
At 10 June, 2008 07:11, Blogger BRAINCHEESE said...

Sounds like those "flat" sitters are a gift from the gods! Coolio...

Linda D. in Seattle

 
At 11 June, 2008 00:15, Blogger Sara said...

cheesewiz:
they sorta are :) i'm really lucky to have them as mates!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home