Monday, May 5

Just for Ms. CheeseWiz (aka BrainCheese)

Okay Ms CheeseWiz, don't want you gettin impotent with me! So here is your explanation of the Latin saying. It's suppose to say something along the lines of: "Nothing is wonderful when you get use to it" A mate of mine currently working in Iraq sent it to me - he says it helps to keep him grounded & reminds him to be thankful for the things he has & not take everything for granted. I'm not sure if it is grammatically correct (nor is he for that matter) hence why I think I had a hard time figuring out the meaning!

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At 06 May, 2008 05:49, Blogger BRAINCHEESE said...

Impotent?!? Does that then make me a V.I.P. here on Garnet's Life Adventures??? (A Very IMPOTENT Person)

Sigh...I was somewhat close in my vague translation of "familiar" and "wonderful"...just couldn't get the syntax right. Thanks for letting us know the meaning...I can finally sleep at night again without worry!

Linda D. in Seattle

 
At 06 May, 2008 10:27, Blogger Sara said...

opps, I meant impatient with me, but apparently I was rather knackered after all my walking around rome! glad you can sleep better now!

 
At 07 May, 2008 01:30, Blogger jen said...

oh, i don't agree with that at all! many things are more wonderful the more familiar they are.

but if it helps someone deal with being in iraq, i can't argue with that.

 
At 08 May, 2008 01:02, Anonymous Anonymous said...

what about the Leo translation that I sent you?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home