Sunday, February 10

Personal Reference

Dear Sir or Ma'am,

Don't give her another visa, she's a f*cking idiot, send her back and don't ever let her in the UK again, she smells

Yours sincerely,
PC BJS NI532

For those of you who know Jim you can probably hear him saying that when I read it out. As I stood there in the reception at Islington's nick (police station) my mouth hit the floor whilst he could barely keep a staright face. Everyone in the room was watching us (probably wondering what the heck was going on). When I was done reading he handed me an enevlope with another copy which was this:

Dear Sir ro Ma'am,

I am writing this in reference to the further extension of the working visa for Miss SVO. My name is PC BJS NI532; I am a serving police officer within the MET service. I have known Miss O since Sept 2005. We first met while she was stuying in the UK at LSHTM. We were initally in a relationship, but due to my work commitments and Miss O's dedication to achieving her degree, the relationship finished. We have remained very close friends and I have even travelled to the sates with her on holiday this past fall. I am a friend of her family in America also, with some of them attending the UK later this year for my wedding.

Miss O should have her visa extended in the UK for several reasons. Not only is she an honest and trustworthy person, she is dedicated to her work & studies. She is a vital person in the office she works at and this is obvious with the level of her responsibility and authroity she holds there. She does vital study into the effects of diseases. Her remaining in the UK to continue this work can only benefit the UK.
A visa was granted to Miss O to work in the UK last year, since that was granted Miss O has been committed to her work and has shown that she is a valubale commodity in the UK. She has never been in trouble with the authorities and has enver tried to claim from the state or benefit systems, she is self-sufficient, has the money & emplyment to remain that way. She has not been a burden to the UK in any shape or form and this can only continue. There is no reason for her visa to be denied. I am happy to be contacted regarind this matter should you feel the need to. I can be contacted at the above office number, via e-mail, or mobile, 07#9##13##7

Your sincerly,
PC BJS NI532


Now that's what best mates are for, no?

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

At 11 February, 2008 01:25, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was going to say how lucky you are to have a friend like that, but then, it's not luck that you're such a terrific and desirable "commodity" as he puts it! They're lucky to have You!

Love, Mom

 
At 11 February, 2008 08:42, Blogger suzie said...

Hiya Sara,

Thank you for your comment on my blog, I am feeling much better now. I've learned that the waves will always pass and I'll be back on my feet planning for the future again.

I've just had a quick read of your last few posts, what a fab time you must be having, hard work but also exciting to be travelling to lots of different places.

I'm starting college in September I'll be a student at 51...blimey!

Much love and thank you again for thinking about me.
x

 
At 11 February, 2008 15:48, Blogger Sara said...

Mommio:
commodities like me are hard to find I'm sure ;)

Suzie:
Good luck with college this fall - I really enjoyed going back at 28, I think I was much more focused than I would have been at 22! Enjoy it & check back soon, xx

 
At 13 February, 2008 09:27, Blogger BRAINCHEESE said...

Tell young Jim he is a naughty, naughty boy!

Signed,

Sister Mary in Seattle :)

 
At 16 February, 2008 20:26, Anonymous Anonymous said...

well, i dont want to say that I knew it all along, but I did know it all along!

very wonderful and supportive letter and you do have an excellent friend in Jim!

keep up ALL the good work!

love, dad

 
At 16 February, 2008 23:59, Blogger Sara said...

cheesewiz aka sister mary in seattle - ROFLMAO!!

dad - always nice to hear even if we did sorta know :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home